and another new job!

Yesterday I was offered (and accepted) a tier 2 security analyst position working in a local data center. definitely looking forward to moving into a security focused job role and couldnt be more excited about the huge jump in salary i was offered.
WIP: IPS exam

Comments

• DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Yesterday I was offered (and accepted) a tier 2 security analyst position working in a local data center. definitely looking forward to moving into a security focused job role and couldnt be more excited about the huge jump in salary i was offered.

Congrats on the new job!!

I'm currently in security and I have an interview on Monday for a higher level (AVP) security position. Very hopeful!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • apoole15apoole15 Member Posts: 64 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Sounds exciting!!
  • nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    What I found interesting through the interview process is how much more they seemed interested in my ccna: security over my ccnp.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • aordalaordal Member Posts: 372
    Congrats on the new gig. It's funny how some people have only heard of certain certs and they think they are god based on what they heard from someone else.
  • VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    Grats dude, what part of VA?
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the new job.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
    VAHokie56 wrote: »
    Grats dude, what part of VA?
    Harrisonburg, western part of the state.
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    What I found interesting through the interview process is how much more they seemed interested in my ccna: security over my ccnp.

Well, it is a security position so that makes sense. Congrats on the new gig!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    congrats!
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    Harrisonburg, western part of the state.

Ah up there by JMU correct? I put in some good party hours at that college while i was at VT :D
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
    VAHokie56 wrote: »
    Ah up there by JMU correct? I put in some good party hours at that college while i was at VT :D

Yeah JMU is in town.
  • NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    Congrats! Are you going to deal with ASA,IDS, IPS or its more on security plan, risk analysis documentation?
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□