Certification prices and Practice Exams?

MirthMirth Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm finally almost ready to sign up to take my exams. I'm on the last chapter of the Mike Meyer's book, and then I'm going to watch the Professor Messer videos.

In the introduction of the Mike Meyer's book, he says never to pay full price to take the A+ exams as you can get them cheaper. But he doesn't tell you how to achieve this though... Can someone fill me in on how and/or where to be able to take the exam for cheaper?

Also, what do you guys suggest for me to use as practice exams?

And a side question, are there any quick reference charts I can study from? I have a hard time remember little things such as min/max speeds, lengths, etc of cables, memory cards, and stuff like that. If there is a nice little chart like that, it would be great!

Comments

• Asif DaslAsif Dasl Member Posts: 2,116 ■■■■■■■■□□
    GetCertified4Less is a good place to get exam vouchers. If you look at the link, they also have practice tests linked with the vouchers, so you can buy the lot at once. Self-Test has 10% less questions than the Transcender one. Also note the different exam centers Pearson VUE & Prometric, just choose the exam center closest to you. Good luck with the exam!
  • kast1kast1 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am also on my final chapter of the book of Mike Meyers. I already watched Professor Messer videos and will be using Mike Meyer's practice exam that comes with the book to prepare for the A+ exam.

Good luck on reviewing and memorizing those little details for the exam.
  • mstreeter06mstreeter06 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have vouchers for both A+ exams if you are still looking to purchase vouchers. Please let me know if interested. mstreeter06 AT gmail
  • MirthMirth Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Asif Dasl wrote: »
    GetCertified4Less is a good place to get exam vouchers. If you look at the link, they also have practice tests linked with the vouchers, so you can buy the lot at once. Self-Test has 10% less questions than the Transcender one. Also note the different exam centers Pearson VUE & Prometric, just choose the exam center closest to you. Good luck with the exam!

Thanks man! As soon as I found out about "vouchers", I compared the prices to that site you linked and others, and the site you linked was the cheapest. Saved $80! But I only ordered the vouchers and not the extras due to my financial situation at the moment.

Taking both my exams on Tuesday the 17th. I'm getting pretty nervous already! Should have all of the Professor Messer videos finished by Sunday. Then Monday I will try to find some free practice exams (It's a shame that the links on the main site aren't working, but I think those are the older exams anyways...)

If you guys don't see me making a "I passed both exams!!!" thread, you may assume I failed. =D

kast1 wrote: »
    I am also on my final chapter of the book of Mike Meyers. I already watched Professor Messer videos and will be using Mike Meyer's practice exam that comes with the book to prepare for the A+ exam.

Good luck on reviewing and memorizing those little details for the exam.

Thanks! Good luck to you as well!!!

I have vouchers for both A+ exams if you are still looking to purchase vouchers. Please let me know if interested. mstreeter06 AT gmail

Sorry man, as soon as I seen the first reply in this thread I looked quickly for prices and ordered online before you replied. icon_sad.gif
  • mstreeter06mstreeter06 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    No worries. Hopefully someone else has a need soon.