Options

Passed A+ both exams

jamshediqbaljamshediqbal Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
passed A+ exams icon_cheers.gif now preparing for MCP 70-680 exam is on Tuesday May 10...one question on my A+ certification it says A+ Code CE....what is CE? you guys have any idea.

Comments

• Options
    CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations!

I was wondering the same thing. Mine had the "CE" abbreviation too.
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    "Continuing Education"

You must collect "Continuing Educational Units (CEU)s" each year to avoid it expiring.

CompTIA Continuing Education Program

Oh, and there is also a yearly $25 fee.
  • Options
    CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    But it expires regardless after three years... I don't think its worth THAT much. A 25 dollar yearly fee as well as required CE units -_-
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    CodeBlox wrote: »
    But it expires regardless after three years... I don't think its worth THAT much. A 25 dollar yearly fee as well as required CE units -_-

No, you can keep it current but I'm not of the opinion it's worth it.

http://www.comptia.org/Libraries/Certification_Documents/CE_FAQ.sflb.ashx
    jeGvlAAAAAASUVORK5CYII=
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    No, you can keep it current but I'm not of the opinion it's worth it.

http://www.comptia.org/Libraries/Certification_Documents/CE_FAQ.sflb.ashx
    jeGvlAAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

so if i keep on paying $25 / year i will get to keep my certificate? and wont have to take the re-certification test?
  • Options
    JourdshJourdsh Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    More requirements than just paying the $25 a year. You have to continue taking other certs, or attending lectures, etc. Probably just easier to take the test again in 3 years if you still need it. I am hoping to have higher level certs by then, and just let my A+ expire.
    WGU Progress
  • Options
    tattoo_techtattoo_tech Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My understanding is you acquire points/credits from continued education ie classes and lectures or retake your highest level CE will also renew the ones under it.

So if I have Security+ CE, Network+ CE and A+ CE, retaking and passing the Security+ every 3 years renews all three.
  • Options
    Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the Pass
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".
  • Options
    Thanks everyone...
    My understanding is you acquire points/credits from continued education ie classes and lectures or retake your highest level CE will also renew the ones under it.

So if I have Security+ CE, Network+ CE and A+ CE, retaking and passing the Security+ every 3 years renews all three.

hmm so if I pass and keep on renewing Network+ will my A+ get renewed automatically?