CCNP Route scheduled

mikka1984mikka1984 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
Heya guys and gals

CCNP Route exam scheduled for next Monday, 7 weeks of studying and almost 200 hours of studying. This weekend is going to be a lot of fun with crammingicon_study.gif. Hope I haven't rushed it. Will let you all know how I got on.

Comments

• Chris_Chris_ Member Posts: 326
    Good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine with that amount of study!
    Going all out for Voice. Don't worry Data; I'll never forget you
    :study: CVoice [X] CIPT 1 [ ] CIPT 2 [ ] CAPPS [ ] TVOICE [ ]
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck!! icon_thumright.gif

Remember to keep an eye on the clock and work your exam time management plan. Spend no more than 10 minutes on a SIM (and hopefully less if you've done enough lab practice) -- unless you get a super-mongo real world scenario, then maybe spend 12-14 minutes.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • mikka1984mikka1984 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the advise. Spent prob 60% of that time labbing in GNS3. When you live outside London and work in the city you get a lot of spare time while travelling :). Fell in love with GNS3, makes things so much more simple. Not looking forward to SWITCH prep, back to lab gear :/.
    I know what you mean. Most of my study with route was done using gns3 at work on night shift.
    I've just started switch and I'm having to draw up a study time table to ensure I maximise the usage of the home lab. I'm trying to identify what can be done with gns3 ( quite a lot can be) and to some extent packet tracer (never feel like I can trust it though) - then I can do these and a lot of my reading on work time. The home lab can then be used for the topics that really need it.
    I feel ya Chris, the way I'm doing - removed all the fans from my cheaper switches (wont be using 3750s for labbing) and terminal router and have them running 24/7. Then hooked up it to my desktop and RDP to it via 3G or from work (had to PAT RDP traffic via port 80 cause of my company's ICT policy). Tested it this week already, works fine. Good thing I get 3G with my company :)
    Passed, scored 883. This is one tough mother. 1 lab was broken as well...
    mikka1984 wrote: »
    Passed
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    1 lab was broken as well...
    There are the ungraded "beta" questions that they are testing.... hopefully it was one of those (except if you did have brain freeze on 1 SIM, then that would mean you did GREAT on the rest of the exam).
    Nope, no brain freezes, Cisco however thinks that its possible to config router ospf process id with 0 :/. spent 30 mins on that stupid lab before moving on...
    spent 30 mins on that stupid lab before moving on...
    icon_eek.gif Remember the 10 minute rule!!!!

Wow -- you must have had ice water running through your veins to keep focused on the rest of the exam and pass icon_thumright.gif
  • mzbagasramzbagasra Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats mikka1984.
    To be honest, it was a lot of fun, those were some really good questions there. I did manage to get it all done in 2 hours. Other sims did not seem all that complicated, just need to read carefully on what is required... This test was by far more fun than CCNA, very hands on. Cannot wait to give TSHOOT a go :D
  • valenvalen Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Awesome work. Best of luck on SWITCH. Be sure to post about what you do for your labs. I'm very curious.
    Congrats - I think cisco must have a rule where everyone gets a buggy sim!!

We should be on a similar time scale for switch, keep in touch about your LAN activities.
    I'm normally a lurker when it comes to forums, just my m.o. to be frank. Lab wise got a 3750, 2 2950, 3 3550 and a 3560. Plus an access server. should be more than enough, if no can slot some more switches into the rack if needs doing. Got CBT nuggets, FLG and now OCG. Next thread I will make will be probably in 5-6 weeks saying exam scheduled :)