MCP eStore

Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
Since passing the MCST, I have checked out the MCP eStore a few times, but it's pretty limited..

I thought about getting a MCP polo shirt to wear on casual fridays, but other than 2 small options, there is never anything available..

are they actually temporarily out of stock? or are they going to be gone for good?
Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark

Comments

• DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Mike-Mike wrote: »
    Since passing the MCST, I have checked out the MCP eStore a few times, but it's pretty limited..

I thought about getting a MCP polo shirt to wear on casual fridays, but other than 2 small options, there is never anything available..

are they actually temporarily out of stock? or are they going to be gone for good?

I found the same disappointment after getting the MCP. When I got MCSA I thought for sure there would be much better stuff, but it was even more limited than the MCP junk.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Asif DaslAsif Dasl Member Posts: 2,116 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Might I suggest checking out these...

Shirtoid

Qwertee (limited availability tees)

Teefury (limited availability tees)

There is some good ones every now and then on limited availabily tees...
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    I found the same disappointment after getting the MCP. When I got MCSA I thought for sure there would be much better stuff, but it was even more limited than the MCP junk.

So they have specific MCSA stuff?

all my store shows is MCP stuff, is there MCDST stuff? that'd be cool..

I would like a coffee mug with my achivement on it, and a polo
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • gosh1976gosh1976 Member Posts: 441
    I was able to get a couple xxl MCP polos back a couple months ago. The Microsoft polo's were nicer than the mcp ones but they are ok. I wear them to work when I haven't gotten around to washing my work shirts.
    all my store shows is MCP stuff, is there MCDST stuff? that'd be cool..

I expect that they do. But with the cert retiring the store probably is too. But as others pointed out, you can always design your own stuff. I have some pens that say my name and MCSA on them (because MS doesn't offer them).

The Business certifications (Word, Excel, ect) have stuff too, but you have to go through Certiport to get it.
  • jtoastjtoast Member Posts: 226
    I expect that they do. But with the cert retiring the store probably is too. But as others pointed out, you can always design your own stuff. I have some pens that say my name and MCSA on them (because MS doesn't offer them).

The Business certifications (Word, Excel, ect) have stuff too, but you have to go through Certiport to get it.

I can confirm that there is no MCDST specific stuff in the store.
  • mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□

Just means you need to hurry and get your MCSE icon_wink.gif
    mikedisd2 wrote: »
    Just means you need to hurry and get your MCSE icon_wink.gif

June is do or die. I bought a pack awhile back that needs to be used up before then end of June. 2 uses left and 2 exams to take for MCSE:S. Use it or lose it, so why not?
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Well the MCP store is a shadow of its old self from 5 or 6 years ago but this was in this months MCP flash sent May 19th
    Improved MCP Member Site Coming Next Month

Starting in mid-June, you’ll notice a new look and feel on the MCP, MCT, and MOS member sites, including a new dashboard home page. Other improvements include an updated Logo Builder tool and easier access to your MC ID and profile information. Future updates will include an improved certification planner tool, a new MCP eStore, and new special offers and benefits. The new site allows you to leave feedback at the bottom of each page, so please do so. Your feedback is critical in helping us build a site that meets your needs—so please let us know what you think!

...but last year they also promised to bring back ID cards so I am keeping my one pound grain of salt sitting out.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
    From the MCP newsletter last week.
    Starting in mid-June, you’ll notice a new look and feel on the MCP, MCT, and MOS member sites, including a new dashboard home page. Other improvements include an updated Logo Builder tool and easier access to your MC ID and profile information. Future updates will include an improved certification planner tool, a new MCP eStore, and new special offers and benefits. The new site allows you to leave feedback at the bottom of each page, so please do so. Your feedback is critical in helping us build a site that meets your needs—so please let us know what you think!

I also remember the promise of bringing back wallet cards that was made last Fall. I haven't heard a word about it since other than a few people wondering where they are at.
  • rhodcorhodco Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Found this thread searching for answers on what happened to the eCompany Store with MCSE products. You are correct in that they have been in a steady decline. Availability and selection has really diminished to the point of nearly nothing to chose from. I'm amazed that Microsoft would continue to license to them. It's a bad reflection on the company image. Lots of counterfeit copies on ebay with obviously fake logos that I'm not interested in. We passed the exams and got certified. We should be entitled to wear the licensed logo. I am in business for myself so it helps to project a professional image in front of clients. Really angry at Microsoft for not putting the screws to eCompany Store on this.