Red Exams Booked

NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
So I booked my Red Hat exams today and I have to say I'm not impressed with their registration process. They treat the exam like it's a course which is confusing as hell. On top of which they require that you enter the information for your company and don't even ask about person address or anything....it's strange that they assume you have a job and could only register via your company's details.

D-Day is March 11 2011. Taking both RCHSA and RHCE back to back.

Comments

• BodanelBodanel Member Posts: 214 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Has the RHCT been replaced by the RCHSA icon_confused.gif:
  • NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Has the RHCT been replaced by the RCHSA icon_confused.gif:

Yes back in Nov. They were allowing people to still take the RHCT exam in a few areas up until Feb of this year. Almost everyone is being recommended to take the RHCSA now (although I have heard of some training facilities forcing people to take the new exam too). Either way by the end of this month the RHCT won't be available anywhere any more.
  • KfergKferg Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    good luck i have been studying since december i hope to try and be ready by september
    Sometimes we sit and try to pretend we are happy with what we are doing. Open your eyes and do what you feel will make you happy!
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    Good luck icon_thumright.gif
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good Luck.

Is your book going to be out by then? You know so you can have some additional study material.. icon_lol.gif JK

All jokes aside, bring back a win!
  • vinodvbvinodvb Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Took both the RHCSA and RHCE exam yesterday (Friday). Have to say that they were nothing like I expected. I think nerves were the worst part about having to sit for this exam...not knowing what to expect really kills me.

I took the RHCSA in the morning 9am - 11am. Honestly I have to say...I blew through this exam. I finished in about an hour and thirty minutes giving me an hour to check over my work. I double checked for about 15 mins and then left. I have to say that the number one most important thing that I can recommend when taking this exam is to read the directions very very carefully. I ran into a problem configuring something about half way through the exam and it was only because I missed a sentence in the original instructions. The difficulty of the exam I would say is on par with what I expected. If you know your stuff you should have no problems here. Gut feeling is I nailed this exam.

Now the RHCE in the afternoon is a whole other animal.....

I took this in the afternoon 2pm - 4pm. This way def the hardest exam I've ever taken; not because the material was difficult, but because of the time limits. You have to be able to configure everything required in only 2 hours and there is a lot to do. I will say again that the difficulty of this exam was very on par with what I expected. I don't think that the topics and questions they asked were hard, but having to do it all in 2 hours was really tight. There was also one topic that completely caught me off guard. If you don't know your stuff...and I mean *cold*...you will not pass this exam. There is no time to look anything in the man pages at all. Not sure how I faired on this exam.
    Got my results (pretty quick).

RHCSA: PASS
    RHCE: NO PASS

I failed the RHCE by 1 point and I know it's because I got blind sighted by one question topic I didn't know. I'm really pissed. I knew that I didn't get a perfect score, but I really thought that I passed this. Looking into a re-grade....otherwise I'm signing up for the April exam.

1 point....unreal.....
  • down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    Congrats on the RHCSA and sorry to hear about the RHCE attempt. You are right about the RHCE, when I took it I left the exam cursing Red Hat for cramming so much into so little time.
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
    Don't worry man, just schedule the exam again and hopefully next time you'll pass icon_cheers.gif

• Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□

I failed the RHCE by 1 point and I know it's because I got blind sighted by one question topic I didn't know. I'm really pissed. I knew that I didn't get a perfect score, but I really thought that I passed this. Looking into a re-grade....otherwise I'm signing up for the April exam.

1 point....unreal.....

That sucks. Hopefully the regrade will prove favorable. Else, good look in April!
    Nightshade03,

I had a couple of questions for you but unsure how to get ahold of you. could you possibly send me an email keith@keithandpam.net.

Congrats on the RHCSA btw
    Sometimes we sit and try to pretend we are happy with what we are doing. Open your eyes and do what you feel will make you happy!
    Kferg wrote: »
    Nightshade03,

I had a couple of questions for you but unsure how to get ahold of you. could you possibly send me an email keith@keithandpam.net.

Congrats on the RHCSA btw

Thanks. PM me if you need something.
    OK as soon as i can find the pm button LOL
    Thanks. PM me if you need something.
    I tried to send you a PM but it will not let me. if you could send me a pm i can reply
    I tried to send you a PM but it will not let me. if you could send me a pm i can reply

because you have 9 posts only. 1 more post and you can DM icon_wink.gif

Welcome to TE

Ahh ok i guess that makes sense icon_smile.gif i do more reading than posting at this point anyway.
    Unixguy while im in a posting mood. Have you tried installing RHEL6 in Virtual Box? i have tried RHEL6 and scientific linux 6 and got the exact same error.

[FONT=Arial,sans-serif]It loads VMLINUZ with no problem

Then it gets to loading initrd.img and i get 6 rows or ( . ) then it says ready

Then i get probing EDD (edd=off to disable ) ... ok

then Virtual box gives me a dialog box about a critical error and it closes the VM."

Any ideas?
    [/FONT]
    Nightshade i just realize i took over your post i apologize about that and im sstill looking for the PM option now that im over 10 posts :)
    Nightshade i just realize i took over your post i apologize about that and im sstill looking for the PM option now that im over 10 posts :)

No worries....click on the persons name and choose private message.
    got it i just sent you my mini bio-question icon_cheers.gif
    No not really I didn't try that, but did you check if they added support for RHEL6 on Virtual Box ? I'm not really sure, sorry :)
    Unixguy while im in a posting mood. Have you tried installing RHEL6 in Virtual Box? i have tried RHEL6 and scientific linux 6 and got the exact same error.

[FONT=Arial,sans-serif]It loads VMLINUZ with no problem

Then it gets to loading initrd.img and i get 6 rows or ( . ) then it says ready

Then i get probing EDD (edd=off to disable ) ... ok

then Virtual box gives me a dialog box about a critical error and it closes the VM."

Any ideas?
    [/FONT]

Found out this morning that Red Hat looked over my exam and will not give me the one point in order for me to pass icon_evil.gif

Guess I'll be taking the April exam....
  • thedude666thedude666 Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□

1 point....unreal.....

Great you passed RHCSA.
    Sad to hear RHCE was no luck for you.

I wondered if you updated the book according to the topics on the exam (and I don't mean if you put exam questions in it :), but if your book covers the knowledge of the exam)

Did you take the RHCE for RHEL5? If so, was it easier/more difficult/...?
    I took RHCE earlier and got 98% however got stuck on the RHCT part(that was for rhel5 back then).
    For me getting a clear view of what they expected me to do was the most difficult.
    I actually have passed RHCE since then...and everything in the book covers both exams.

I took the RHCE for RHEL6 not RHEL5.
  • thedude666thedude666 Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I actually have passed by RHCE since then...and everything in the book covers both exams.

I took the RHCE for RHEL6 not RHEL5.

WT* :p I just refreshed the page and there was an answer already :p blazing fast :D

EDIT:
    "I actually have passed by RHCE since then"
    You mean you passed the exam or won't take it anymore? (just reread your post and just want to make sure I understand correctly)
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Passed the exam.

Congratulations :)