Confused Commands in EMS

macky123macky123 Registered Users Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Can anyone please explain the difference between these 2 commands?

Get-IMAPSettings
Get-CASMailbox

Comments

• jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Use the Get-IMAPSettings cmdlet to display the properties of a single server running Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 that has the Client Access server role installed and is running the IMAP4 service.

Get-IMAPSettings: Exchange 2010 SP1 Help
    Use the Get-CASMailbox cmdlet to return a complete list of the attributes of a Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 mailbox on a computer that has the Client Access server role installed.

Get-CASMailbox: Exchange 2010 SP1 Help
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • macky123macky123 Registered Users Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Gomjaba wrote: »

Hi Gomjaba,

Thank you for the reply. I have checked on the Technet before posting my queries here.

May I just confirm this is correct?

Get-IMAPSettings is to display the properties of a single server running Microsoft Exchange Server 2010

Get-CASMailbox is to display all the attributes including IMAP4 service?
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    macky123 wrote: »
    Hi Gomjaba,

Thank you for the reply. I have checked on the Technet before posting my queries here.

May I just confirm this is correct?

Get-IMAPSettings is to display the properties of a single server running Microsoft Exchange Server 2010

Get-CASMailbox is to display all the attributes including IMAP4 service?

To be honest I would just repeat the quote .. Not sure how to explain it easier than that

Get-IMAPSettings displays the properties of a server only with CAS AND IMAP whereas Get-CASMailbox displays the attributes of a CAS server regardles of the features enabled

Here an example output from my Exchange server
    [PS] C:\Windows\system32>Get-ImapSettings

UnencryptedOrTLSBindings  SSLBindings                                 LoginType                                   X509CertificateName
    ------------------------  -----------                                 ---------                                   -------------------
    {0.0.0.0:143}             {0.0.0.0:993}                               SecureLogin                                 imap.xxx.com

[PS] C:\Windows\system32>Get-CASMailbox -Identity Administrator

Name                     ActiveSyncEnabled OWAEnabled               PopEnabled              ImapEnabled             MapiEnabled
    ----                     ----------------- ----------               ----------              -----------             -----------
    Administrator            True              True                     True                    True                    True

My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p