Lowes to Hire more IT Pros

BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□

Comments

• Johnta20Johnta20 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeah most of the postions will more than likely be in wikesboro nc which is an hour away from any kind of amenities. Though Mooresville is about 45 min+ away from charlotte depending on traffic. They pay about $12 starting out for helpdesk on a contract.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good news!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • drew726drew726 Member Posts: 237
    Johnta20 wrote: »
    Yeah most of the postions will more than likely be in wikesboro nc which is an hour away from any kind of amenities. Though Mooresville is about 45 min+ away from charlotte depending on traffic. They pay about $12 starting out for helpdesk on a contract.

12/hr there is equivalent to how much in the bay area?
    Completed Courses:
    SSC1, SST1, AXV1, TTV1, ABV1, TNV1, AHV1, BAC1, BBC1, LAE1, LUT1, GAC1, IWC1, INC1, HHT1, LAT1, QLT1, CLC1, IWT1 TPV1, INT1, TSV1, LET1, BOV1, AJV1, ORC1, MGC1, BRV1, AIV1, WFV1,
    TWA1, CPW2
    Incompleted Courses:
    nothing :)
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I like Wilkesboro. It's at the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains and it it a beautiful area. However, the "big town" is Winston-Salem which is almost an hour away...Charlotte is about 1.5 hours away.

Wilkesboro has all of your basic "big box" retail stores and cost of living is REAL cheap. I could definitely live there and be happy, but then again, I'm not real big on night life and don't shop at specialty stores that much.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Johnta20Johnta20 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    drew726 wrote: »
    12/hr there is equivalent to how much in the bay area?
    It may be ok for that area if you are single and have no family and will rarely want to make trips to other places now that gas is $4. but if you have a family and enjoy the night life, and like to shop at places other than walmart then that is still a bit on the low side. I hear most of the contracts do go perm depending on performance so maybe the ft pay would be good. Like Blargoe said it an hour away from Winston Salem, an hour away from boone, and hour away from Lenior.
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I would expect rent to be half what you would pay in the Bay Area, based on what my brother paid in that part of NC, and what he's paying now in the Bay area.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...