PASSED!

bigstar*bigstar* Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
But I am having second thoughts from reading about other members here not passing.

I've been reading for 2 weeks now and still feel a bit confused on what I should know. I've installed Windows 2000 server and tested it out with Windows 2000 pro (doing GPO exercises). Then ran a test simulation CD from the MSPress book and I was pretty scared with the kind of questions that it was asking.

I would like to know from people who have done this exam to point out which topics are most important. Thanks in advance.

In the mean time, I will have to study more effectively, rather than rushing through it. And delay the testing date to a day when I feel I'm ready because I can't afford to fail.

Comments

• LexxdymondzLexxdymondz Member Posts: 356
    From what I remember there were definately some IIS, TS, and some RAS. Im pretty sure I got some DFS questions also.
  • SniperHunterSniperHunter Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Make sure you know about RAID and Terminal Services as well, got a alot of questions in both areas.
    "You know what they say, Microsoft could sell sand in the desert, but Novell couldn't sell crack in Harlem"
  • jojopramosjojopramos Member Posts: 415
    Make sure that you also knew your GPO
  • 2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    Well good luck when you do take it! icon_lol.gif
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • bigstar*bigstar* Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for all your advices.

I am booking the exam for this Friday.

Wish me luck. Thanks!
    I've postponed this exam for this week. Last week was just chaotic with work and all icon_lol.gif

I found my mistake with VUE. It was my fault for not scrolling down. icon_redface.gif
    Was kind of nervous but after 40mins. I received a passing mark of 745. I'm not happy about the mark but I guess a pass is a pass.

I thought I did pretty well. The questions were straight forward.

Now on to 218 to become MCSA icon_lol.gif
  • halflife78halflife78 Member Posts: 122
    Congratulations :)
  • LexxdymondzLexxdymondz Member Posts: 356
    Congrats on the pass and good luck with 218
  • PavlovPavlov Member Posts: 264
    Congrats on the pass icon_cool.gif

For 218 put your repairman's hat on hehehe... this exam focuses on things related to "this is broken... how come?"

The best study book for 218 (when I took it) was, again, the MSPress training kit and corresponding Readiness Review book.
    Pavlov
    A+, Net+, i-Net+, CIW-A
    MCP NT4, MCSA 2K, MCSE 2K
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • 2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    Congratulations bigstar!
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • mateenamcmateenamc Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    bigstar* wrote: »
    I've postponed this exam for this week. Last week was just chaotic with work and all icon_lol.gif

I found my mistake with VUE. It was my fault for not scrolling down. icon_redface.gif

Your account could not be found. Please create a new account or contact customer service if you feel you have received this message in error. 6964102

plzzz reply to me about this issue bigstar
  • ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    mateenamc wrote: »
    Your account could not be found. Please create a new account or contact customer service if you feel you have received this message in error. 6964102

plzzz reply to me about this issue bigstar
    Wow, that's the biggest necro-threading I've ever seen... 7+ years...
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
    - discounted vouchers for certs
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    LOL... Idoubt he will get your message. This Is off his public profile

:) Last Activity: 04-11-2005 08:52 PM icon_lol.gif
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Quickly scanning down the forum list and the last entry date caught my eye. Was wondering why a W2000 thread would still be active.

I wonder if this section ought to be considered for retirement.

Or we could keep this thread active for another 7 years. icon_smile.gif
  • Armor149Armor149 Member Posts: 115 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I say we keep it activeicon_twisted.gif
  • bjpeterbjpeter Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I agree, congrats!
    2021 Goals (2): SSCP, eCPPT
    Achieved (27): Certified Associate in Python Programming, Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals, PenTest+, Project+, CySA+, Flutter Certified Application Developer, OCP Java EE 7 Application Developer, CCSP, OCP Java SE 11 Developer, CISSP, Linux+/LPIC-1, CCSKv4, OCE Java EE 6 JPA Developer, CSSLP, Server+, Cloud+, Arcitura Certified Cloud Professional, CASP+, Mobility+, Storage+, Android Certified Application Developer, OCP Java SE 8 Programmer, Security+, OCM Java SE 6 Developer, B.S. and M.S. in Computer Science