Passed 70-294 with a 700

Shadly1Shadly1 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey guys. This is my first post here. I've been lurking for several months though. I passed my 70-294 with a 700 yesterday. That is my second 700 in a row. I gave this test 8 weeks of study time. I did a little extra because the people on these boards mentioned this test sneaking up on them and biting them in the butt. I used Microsoft's 2279 videos and lab environment, MeasureUp, and 70-294 Self Paced Training kit. I'm not much of a reader and that Self Paced Training Kit is 1360 pages!!! That's a personal accomplishment right there, let alone the test.

Comments

• EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats! That test sure is a beast from what I've heard.

What's next for you and we hope you stick around and post regularly!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Shadly1Shadly1 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks. Some of those questions were really out of the blue. Next up is 70-298 to complete my MCSE. At some point in the very near future, I'd like to take the upgrade path to MCITP but I'll need to focus on employment first.
    That's my second 700 in a row. I did that on my 70-293 after 3 fails. That one was a monster though. Test anxiety is gonna kill me!
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on being a double-member of the 700 club. I'm a member (70-642) myself.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Great job on the passes!
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats guys!
  • mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    earweed wrote: »
    Congrats on being a double-member of the 700 club. I'm a member (70-642) myself.

Yep, I did that on the 70-290. Congrats to the OP on what has to be the hardest exam in the MSCE series.
  • instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    Congrats. A pass is a pass.

Q: What do they call a guy who scores 700 on seven Microsoft exams?

A: MCSE
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • CbrandonBCbrandonB Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

I'm also a member of the 700 club (70-680). It wasn't because the test was hard, though (obviously). It was because someone forgot they had scheduled their test until the night before! ncool.gif

Brandon
  • kenny831kenny831 Member Posts: 266
    Congtrats!

Dude, I got 700 on :270, 291, 293, and 620.
    kenny831 wrote: »
    Congtrats!

Dude, I got 700 on :270, 291, 293, and 620.
    Winner! That's the first 4-pete I've ever heard of...
  • cmbaetecmbaete Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I managed to score 700 on the 70-293. I see so many comments that 700 is not an acceptable score so was pleased to see some more grounded comments in here. These exams are damm hard.

I am currently booked in for my 4th attempt at 70-294 tommorow and feel sick. I know my stuff in the real world but what gets me is:

- anything with Multiple domains
    - Group policy is a killer
    - Groups

The last exam only really showed me being weak in Group policy, I failed with 626.

Any tips for tommorow would be appreciated - oh any oneone who has passed this exam is a God on my book.

Chris
    cmbaete wrote: »
    I managed to score 700 on the 70-293. I see so many comments that 700 is not an acceptable score so was pleased to see some more grounded comments in here. These exams are damm hard.

I am currently booked in for my 4th attempt at 70-294 tommorow and feel sick. I know my stuff in the real world but what gets me is:

- anything with Multiple domains
    - Group policy is a killer
    - Groups

The last exam only really showed me being weak in Group policy, I failed with 626.

Any tips for tommorow would be appreciated - oh any oneone who has passed this exam is a God on my book.

Chris
    A 700 is absolutely an acceptable score. 699 is not. Remember that these tests are partially what you know and partially your ability to decode the way Microsoft asks questions. You are knocking on the door with a 626. Do you have a "day before" study guide? Just about any training series provides something like this. It's just a couple pages with concepts, rules and terms, stuff like that. I don't know how much mine actually helped but it calmed me down prior to the test. I memorized it and gave it a once over in my car before walking into the test center.
    Thanks for that, I don't have a day before guide, if you know where you can find these please let me know.

I really need to get this exam out the way leaving 297 and then can take a small break before the upgrade exams.

I think you are right about working out working out what microsoft are trying to get at.

TBC....
    I'm not allowed to post up copyrighted stuff but this link might help...

ftp://ftp.sybex.com/4262/4262ch01.pdf It's publicly available from Sybex so I figure it's safe. I used one from MeasureUp. MeasureUp's was about half as many pages as this one and the content was much more compressed.

EDIT: Wait, that's just a chapter. Let me look a little more...
    Sorry man, I can't seem to find any free ones online that aren't swiped copyrighted stuff. Check with the suppliers of your study materials. I'm sure they have something along those lines.
  • MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You could just read the summary at the end of each chapter in the study guide you have. If you find anything you are not 100% confident on, review the appropriate sections in the chapter.
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
    I gotta tell ya though... I'm currently working on 70-298. I really wish I had studied up on this before I took the 293 and 294. There's a lot of relevant stuff in here for the security portions of those test. PKI, EFS, IPSec, trusts, IIS... I just got through a section on archiving certificates that I know for a fact I struggled with on the test.
    Evening all

Thought I would reply and say that I passed my 70-294 exam today with a score of 754. This exam is truly a hard one compared to all the others I have taken including 70-291 which I thought was ok and passed 1st time.

Thank you for all the comments, now to complete my MCSE with 70-297 - any tips for this would be gratefully received.

Chris
  • DOSDOS Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good job, both of you for passingicon_cheers.gif