VCP second chance offering

azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
Came across this and wanted to share.
VCP4 Second Chance
Waiting for a second chance? Now you’ve got one – for free!
VMware Certified Professional Free Second Chance

The VMware Certified Professional on vSphere™ 4.0 (VCP4) is one of the most sought-after certifications in the industry. It recognizes individuals that have the education and experience to install, manage and deploy VMware vSphere 4 – and be an instant value-add to any organization.
Free Second Chance to get VCP4 Certified

The VCP4 exam isn’t easy, but it’s worth it when you pass. VMware Education and Pearson VUE are here to help you earn the recognition you deserve. For a limited time, we are giving you a free second chance at the VCP4 exam when you register for a full-priced exam by following the steps below.
Register for your Free Second Chance. It’s Easy.

Register to take the VCP4 exam at a Pearson VUE test center for the full price (no discounts apply) using the promotion code: VCPTAKE1.

If you fail your first exam, simply schedule your “second chance” exam with the promotion code “VCPTAKE2” and it’s free! Please note that this discount will only be valid on retakes of exams that were initially scheduled using the “VCPTAKE1” promotion code and must be taken before July 31, 2011.

Register today to take advantage of your second chance. If you have questions about the VCP exam course requirements, please visit VMware Certification.

Terms & Conditions

The code, VCPTAKE1, is required in the initial exam registration process to establish eligibility for the free retake exam. The second code, VCPTAKE2, is required in order for the second exam to be free. You must sit for and take both exams between now and July 31, 2011. Offer valid for the VMware Certified Professional on vSphere™ 4 (VCP4) exam only (exam code – VCP410). Only one (1) offer per person. Standard VMware retake policy rules apply.
Currently Studying:
VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD)

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Thanks. Nice find.
  • QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    Nice, I really want to get myself finished up and take advantage of this. But I'm hoping I don't have to use it. ;)
  • azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Asif Dasl wrote: »
    VCP 5 is not far away though... good offer anyways

IMO I'd rather upgrade my credential later as opposed to trying to certify on a brand new product with limited training opportunities.
    Currently Studying:
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
  • Asif DaslAsif Dasl Member Posts: 2,116 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    azjag wrote: »
    IMO I'd rather upgrade my credential later as opposed to trying to certify on a brand new product with limited training opportunities.

Agreed, wish I had the money to take the Install & Configure course however. icon_sad.gif

Yeah it will take some time before VCP5 gets materials. There's plenty of time to get VCP4.
  • Asif DaslAsif Dasl Member Posts: 2,116 ■■■■■■■■□□
    QHalo wrote: »
    Yeah it will take some time before VCP5 gets materials. There's plenty of time to get VCP4.
    The official course gets changed over fairly quickly though (from what I hear), but agreed Train Signal, Elias Khnaser etc. would take some time. Might only have 2/3 months left to get the official VCP 4 course. I hear vSphere 5 will be out sometime in July...
  • azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I know there is usually a little bit if overrun between new exams and retirement of previous ones and it's not as if everybody will be jumping on the v5 bandwagon on day one. I can't imagine they will shut down the v4 classes right after the new version is released.

And how do the schools that offer the courses as part of the current term handle this issue. Granted the student didn't pay $3k for the course, but what is the incentive to take a vSphere4 class when 5 is out and they are no longer offering the test. I would still take the v4 class since that is what the majority of companies will be using the for near future.
    Currently Studying:
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    How was the overlap between v3 and v4 handled? Any negative press come from that transition?
    I know there is usually a little bit if overrun between new exams and retirement of previous ones and it's not as if everybody will be jumping on the v5 bandwagon on day one. I can't imagine they will shut down the v4 classes right after the new version is released.

And how do the schools that offer the courses as part of the current term handle this issue. Granted the student didn't pay $3k for the course, but what is the incentive to take a vSphere4 class when 5 is out and they are no longer offering the test. I would still take the v4 class since that is what the majority of companies will be using the for near future.

Yeah I just took a look at UCSC and they upped the cost of their early enrollment for their fall class. It went up from $927 to $990. Still a killer deal.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Yeah I just took a look at UCSC and they upped the cost of their early enrollment for their fall class. It went up from $927 to $990. Still a killer deal.
    Is that at UCSC Extension? The UC and CSU Extension programs always raise the prices on popular courses. That's more likely the cause than a price increase by VMware itself.
  • nhan.ngnhan.ng Member Posts: 184
    Im starting my course at Coastline Community College. The registration for the class cost 94 dollars icon_lol.gif
    JDMurray wrote: »
    Is that at UCSC Extension? The UC and CSU Extension programs always raise the prices on popular courses. That's more likely the cause than a price increase by VMware itself.

Yeah that's the extension courses. I figured it was going to go up due to demand though. And it must be nice to have choices like you do in CA. There's squat in IL.
  • EmpoweredBizTechEmpoweredBizTech Member Posts: 110
    nhan.ng wrote: »
    Im starting my course at Coastline Community College. The registration for the class cost 94 dollars icon_lol.gif

I Will be in the Coastline Class with you. Did your book come in yet ?
  • nhan.ngnhan.ng Member Posts: 184
    havent order. Was gonna drive there the other day but things came up. Did u get yours? :D
  • MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    azjag, the VCP 3 exam was available to students who took the VAP course well after the regular exam was discontinued. It might even still be available (check with Vue).
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • scott28ttscott28tt Member Posts: 686 ■■■■■□□□□□
    VATCs will be offering official vSphere 5 training very shortly after the product release, and VMware will release VCP5 not long after then.

If the past is any indicator of what might happen, expect the training to be available within 2-4 weeks of the product release, and VCP to be 2-3 months after the product release.

VMware are planning on making significant changes to the official training curriculum, certainly above the foundation-level (ie. above VCP-level).

Scott.
    VCP2 / VCP3 / VCP4 / VCP5 / VCAP4-DCA / VCI / vExpert 2010-2012
    Blog - http://vmwaretraining.blogspot.com
    Twitter - http://twitter.com/vmtraining
    Email - vmtraining.blog@gmail.com
    Looks like I need to hammer down on studying. The good thing is if I take the test quickly I can schedule the fall UCSC Ext. class and still get my cert, just in time to look at the VCP5 upgrade. I missed out on the Summer UCSC Ext. session so it looks like I'll have to wait.

Scott, I'm guessing you can't divulge anything further on the curriculum changes, but can you at least validate that course requirements is something their talking about? I imagine they're also looking at a VCAP for DT as well.