I knew it.

SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
Remember a few months ago I posted about my corncern over a Joe Black of "Black & Berg Security Consulting"? And a few months ago Mr. Berg found his way here, I don't believe the thread is still here.

Well it turns out that I am not the only ones with doubts about his qualifications, and indeed, those of his company.

JadedSecurity Another Fake Boutique Security Firm

omg, the link to attrition.org really shows this guy's backside, what i've been saying all along.

from one of his accounts: "I have infiltrated the DoD, CIA, DIA, NSA, ect...."

Apparently getting connections on linkedin means that you have infiltrated those companies...

Asshat: Joseph K. Black

If a mod feels this is in bad taste, please delete, but I am so happy someone outed this guy.

Comments

• jadedsecurityjadedsecurity Registered Users Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Maybe we just want to add that colon ;) And the story isn't over. More things have come up. Will be updated.
    SephStorm wrote: »
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Remember a few months ago I posted about my corncern over a Joe Black of "Black & Berg Security Consulting"?
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/isc-sscp-cissp/58051-cert-check.html#post500082

Hum. That was the ITT graduate with 4 months of IT contract job experience who self-proclaimed himself a security guru and was forming his own mercenary cyberhacker brigade, right?
    And a few months ago Mr. Berg found his way here, I don't believe the thread is still here.
    His post was in that thread -- but I deleted his (funny) post since it was SPAM (full of ridiculous claims and obvious BS).
    If a mod feels this is in bad taste, please delete, but I am so happy someone outed this guy.
    The guy might be a joke, but posting his name and company again only helps move him up in the Internet search rankings. icon_rolleyes.gif And it might attract him here again to post more drivel.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    mikej412 wrote: »
    The guy might be a joke, but posting his name and company again only helps move him up in the Internet search rankings. icon_rolleyes.gif And it might attract him here again to post more drivel.

I can fully assure you no one will be trusting him anymore. The ITT background alone questionable, and I have put calls in to verify the certs.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I can fully assure you no one will be trusting him anymore.
    Unfortunately his target market appears to be clueless idiots -- and either they won't notice what the post he didn't write are saying or they'll buy into his probable spin that he's a target now since he's so effective fighting off the threats.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Unfortunately his target market appears to be clueless idiots -- and either they won't notice what the post he didn't write are saying or they'll buy into his probable spin that he's a target now since he's so effective fighting off the threats.

That I agree with, but there are enough of us outing these guys..
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Yea, I remember the guy. This photo of him kinda makes him look silly...

IMG_0659 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

It looks like he wrote "CyberSecurity" in permanent black marker lol

(start of his flickr album) http://www.flickr.com/photos/blackbergsecurity/
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • wastedtimewastedtime Member Posts: 586 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ya....the guy is a little loopy to say the least. That picture wasn't what got me the picture with the cage and describing what a CAGE code was is what got me. I couldn't tell if he was serious or being funny.
  • SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Since Mr. Black has "friends" at the FBI, I wonder what they would think if they found out that he claims to have "infiltrated" the DoD and several intelligence agencies...

Or what ISC2 would think about his shady resume...
  • L0gicB0mb508L0gicB0mb508 Member Posts: 538
    I am the Krisspy Kreme doughnut of cyber security.
    I bring nothing useful to the table...
  • ZaitsZaits Member Posts: 142
    I am the Krisspy Kreme doughnut of cyber security.

This made me lol