Question about the 73 Exams..

Lord NikonLord Nikon Member Posts: 115
Now, I know the 73 Exams are Microsoft Academy IT Exams, and the 72 is Student Exams.

I am a student, can I sign up for a 73 series for say the 686 if the site allows me?

Just curious because its a lot cheaper then the 70's route.

I know you have to be ready to show a student ID for the 72 series of tests if asked, but I wasn't asked..

Just curious what you need for the 73 series?

Thanks!
"This is our world now. The world of the electron and the switch; the beauty of the baud. We exist without nationality, skin color, or religious bias. You wage wars, murder, ****, lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the criminals. Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. I am a hacker, and this is my manifesto. You may stop me, but you can't stop us all.."

Comments

• demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    if i rember right the 73-xxx ones are if you go to microsoft classes

72-xxx are if you have a .edu email

70-xxx are normal

all the same test in the end just the price changes
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • Excellent1Excellent1 Member Posts: 462 ■■■■■■■□□□
    You can't sign up for 73 exams without a voucher number. There is no option to pay for the exams. If you attend a school that is part of the Microsoft IT Academy, you can get access to this if your school is set up to do so.

Unfortunately, even though WGU is part of the IT Academy, you cannot request and pay for the cheaper 73 exams through WGU because they have no infrastructure in place to allow you to do so. I had this discussion in several ways with various people recently at WGU. The only way you can access 73 courses through WGU is if they are part of your degree plan. I recently took the 686, and I paid full normal price, as that was the only option I had. Sucks to attend a MS IT Academy participating school and not be able to utilize that benefit, but that's the answer I got multiple times from multiple people, including my mentor and my mentor's boss.
  • Lord NikonLord Nikon Member Posts: 115
    Excellent1 wrote: »
    You can't sign up for 73 exams without a voucher number. There is no option to pay for the exams. If you attend a school that is part of the Microsoft IT Academy, you can get access to this if your school is set up to do so.

Unfortunately, even though WGU is part of the IT Academy, you cannot request and pay for the cheaper 73 exams through WGU because they have no infrastructure in place to allow you to do so. I had this discussion in several ways with various people recently at WGU. The only way you can access 73 courses through WGU is if they are part of your degree plan. I recently took the 686, and I paid full normal price, as that was the only option I had. Sucks to attend a MS IT Academy participating school and not be able to utilize that benefit, but that's the answer I got multiple times from multiple people, including my mentor and my mentor's boss.

Ah thank you. I did everything but hit send to pay for it, so I guess the error would have come up then for me.

Weird the 686 is not on the 72 list, but 640, 642 and all the rest are.

Does the student price change after june 31st as well?
    "This is our world now. The world of the electron and the switch; the beauty of the baud. We exist without nationality, skin color, or religious bias. You wage wars, murder, ****, lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the criminals. Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. I am a hacker, and this is my manifesto. You may stop me, but you can't stop us all.."

• Excellent1Excellent1 Member Posts: 462 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I don't know about student prices, so I can't comment. As for the 686, it's part of the PRO designated exams, which is why it's not counted as the others you mentioned (which are MCTS level exams).

Also, with regards to you paying for the exam, when you hit commit, you'll be given a screen telling you that you must have a voucher number. You can try it if you'd like. Sucks, but there it is.
  • Lord NikonLord Nikon Member Posts: 115
    Excellent1 wrote: »
    I don't know about student prices, so I can't comment. As for the 686, it's part of the PRO designated exams, which is why it's not counted as the others you mentioned (which are MCTS level exams).

Also, with regards to you paying for the exam, when you hit commit, you'll be given a screen telling you that you must have a voucher number. You can try it if you'd like. Sucks, but there it is.

I believe you my friend, its like I said, I never hit the commit/confirm button to see what you are talking about, BUT since you've done it and tried, I wont, because I will get the same thing.