After 686, where should I go?

kitkitkitkit Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
OK, here is a quick background: i worked at the call center of a big OEM manufacturer (for a third party contractor). My company lost the account and everybody was fired – no problem, we all knew and had some time to prepare.
So for the last few months I (finally…) resolved to get some certifications so I can have some advantage on a interview – at least to get past the HR person.

I got my 680, 685 and 686 (the last one today \o/ ). I do have a server running AD DS, but only 3 desktops and little ram to spare.

To the point: what should be my next certification? Keep in mind that I have lots of spare time, want to do it to learn and get an edge on a interview, but have a limited budget so more ram for a few VMs to try the 70-640 (if really needed for pratice tests) is out of question.

Comments

• pzeropzero Member Posts: 192
    It depends on what you enjoy doing, and what you plan on doing for a career in the future.

Personally I did the 680/686 and am now moving onto the 640. IMO, I think it complements the desktop space nicely given its all about AD.
  • Jander1023Jander1023 Member Posts: 160
    Similar to pzero, I agree that the Server 2008 certs compliment the Windows 7 certifications. Creating a virtual lab doesn't require tons of RAM. I only have 4GBs and I do fine with up to 3 VMs running. Are your spare desktop computers machines at work or at home? Do any of them run 64bit Win7? Processor(s) support virtualization?

I'm prob going to upgrade my machine to 64bit Win7 and add more memory. You can get 4GB of RAM for around $60 right now. Pretty cheap. If need be, you can also get a free evaluation copy of 64bit Win7 Enterprise online thru Microsoft.

Anyway, good luck and let us know if you have any other questions and what you decide.
  • kitkitkitkit Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    They are at home. I'll try to add some ram (little more expensive where I live icon_sad.gif ). Let's go to server then.

Thanks!
  • Jander1023Jander1023 Member Posts: 160
    kitkit wrote: »
    They are at home. I'll try to add some ram (little more expensive where I live icon_sad.gif ). Let's go to server then.

Thanks!

Check out newegg. I almost never buy RAM locally unless Fry's Electronics is running a super special.