Options

Study Material

CamtheChampCamtheChamp Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
So I have begun studying for Security+ and I was planning on using Professor Messer's videos and Darril Gibson's book but I just realized I would be studying for the new and old exam. So with that knowledge, is Darril Gibson's book really enought to pass this exam? If not, do you think it will benefit me if I watch Messer's videos but take the 201 exam?

I have already passed the A+ and Network+ exams as well as Microsoft's 70-680 exam. It seems all three of them have some overlap in Security+. Would you all recommend a different strategy than the ones I am considering?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    hackman2007hackman2007 Member Posts: 185
    So I have begun studying for Security+ and I was planning on using Professor Messer's videos and Darril Gibson's book but I just realized I would be studying for the new and old exam. So with that knowledge, is Darril Gibson's book really enought to pass this exam? If not, do you think it will benefit me if I watch Messer's videos but take the 201 exam?

I have already passed the A+ and Network+ exams as well as Microsoft's 70-680 exam. It seems all three of them have some overlap in Security+. Would you all recommend a different strategy than the ones I am considering?

Thanks!

I passed the 201 exam with just Darril's book. But, I have a background in security, so it wasn't that bad for me.

It all depends on what you want to do though. I don't think it would hurt to watch the Professor Messer videos for 301. Security is security after all. But I would concentrate primarily on Darril's book.

Another option would be to wait until he finishes the new book, but I don't know when that will be.
  • Options
    DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□

I don't think it would hurt to watch the Professor Messer videos for 301. Security is security after all. But I would concentrate primarily on Darril's book.

This is what I would do.

Darril's book alone is fine for the exam but a few extra videos won't hurt.
  • Options
    soooowutnowsoooowutnow Member Posts: 83 ■■■□□□□□□□
    All you need is Darrills book. I found using flash cards helped with the memorization part of the Cryptography.
    2018 Achievements:
    Cloud Essentials SME
    Project+
    CRISC

2019 To conquer:
    Maybe CGEIT? I don't know - help!
  • Options
    CamtheChampCamtheChamp Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Cool, I will probably just watch the video's during times that I can't read then. Are there any other areas on the exam that consist of lists where flashcards would be useful?
  • Options
    osJoeosJoe Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Cool, I will probably just watch the video's during times that I can't read then. Are there any other areas on the exam that consist of lists where flashcards would be useful?

I used them for the well known ports, and the OSI model.