CCSA/E Self Study

NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
Has anyone ever used the self study material from Checkpoint's website? They have a few different options to choose from...but provide very little detail as to what you actually are buying.

Comments

• nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Are you referring to the training materials which are about $600?!?!

my last work place purchased them just as i was leaving as they are apparently the same courseware as you get on the checkpoint training course. This was for the CCSA R70.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Yeah the $600 training material. My job is footing the bill so that's why I'm going for it.

I'm assuming by training course you mean instructor lead. If they are the same that is good because that's what I was looking for...just don't have time to be taught by someone else.
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Yeah the $600 training material. My job is footing the bill so that's why I'm going for it.

I'm assuming by training course you mean instructor lead. If they are the same that is good because that's what I was looking for...just don't have time to be taught by someone else.

I'm hoping my company will be willing to foot the bill on the Endpoint security training material. I won't know till the first quarter of 2011.

And yes, that stuff is ridiculously expensive.
    What a mess is all I can say! I tried to order the updated version of their self study course (the R70/R71 version) but their online cart doesn't recognize it as a product icon_exclaim.gif I ended up getting a slightly different version they offer for the R70 and I'll have to supplement it with the new features from the R71's online documentation.

So not only is this courseware not cheap, but their website is just as bad. Not cool Checkpoint.
    What a mess is all I can say! I tried to order the updated version of their self study course (the R70/R71 version) but their online cart doesn't recognize it as a product icon_exclaim.gif I ended up getting a slightly different version they offer for the R70 and I'll have to supplement it with the new features from the R71's online documentation.

So not only is this courseware not cheap, but their website is just as bad. Not cool Checkpoint.

Personally, for what they charge for the books I would just go to one of their training sessions. I can't say for sure, but I bet the books are included in the price.
    I was seriously considering it. The only thing holding me back is that the training course was 4 days and like $1600. I don't have that kind of time @ the moment which makes the books slightly easier to handle bc I can read them @ 2AM or on the weekend.
    I was seriously considering it. The only thing holding me back is that the training course was 4 days and like $1600. I don't have that kind of time @ the moment which makes the books slightly easier to handle bc I can read them @ 2AM or on the weekend.

We are preparing to rollout Check Point Media Encryption and I'm wishing there was training session I could go to. I'm sure the company would be willing to pay for it....
  • htnahsinhtnahsin Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    We are preparing to rollout Check Point Media Encryption and I'm wishing there was training session I could go to. I'm sure the company would be willing to pay for it....
    Hi,
    I have a query.I had completed my ccsa about 3 years back.And then had to change my profile to networking and now i am again back to Security.I had done my CCSA in R 60.I want to do a certification in checkpoint and need to brush up my knowledge .Could anyone suggest the best option.

Thank you
  • linux_anarchistlinux_anarchist Registered Users Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    htnahsin wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have a query.I had completed my ccsa about 3 years back.And then had to change my profile to networking and now i am again back to Security.I had done my CCSA in R 60.I want to do a certification in checkpoint and need to brush up my knowledge .Could anyone suggest the best option.

Thank you

Wait until the R75 material and exams are out (real soon). The reason being is they are changing the way recertification works. Once you get certified on R75, you don't have to take the tests ever again, just do a few webcasts every year.
  • stoiconestoicone Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    htnahsin wrote: »
    Hi,

Thank you

If you do want the R70 course books, i'm selling mine (like new) discounted in another thread.
  • htnahsinhtnahsin Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wait until the R75 material and exams are out (real soon). The reason being is they are changing the way recertification works. Once you get certified on R75, you don't have to take the tests ever again, just do a few webcasts every year.

thanks for the info.Will wait for the R75 then.
  • Kolawole TKolawole T Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Has anyone ever used the self study material from Checkpoint's website? They have a few different options to choose from...but provide very little detail as to what you actually are buying.

Hey guyz, I'm new here and also want some tipz on how to go about CCSA, I'm a new starter and wanan switch my path carear from #DESKTOP SUPPORT # to networking. Any help on how to start plssssss.icon_thumright.gif
  • Kolawole TKolawole T Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    HEY yeah some company do pay