Options

Are These Still Valid for JN0-101?

ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi,

I was wondering if the two PDFs that have been previously mentioned JNCIA-JUNOS Study guides part 1 and part 2, are still valid for the JN0-101 exam?

If not is there anything more up to dat since these say they are for the JNO-100 exam?

I may have a need to study for some Juniper certs and want to get my study ducks all lined up in advance for this one. Any suggestions, etc, will be greatly appreciated.icon_wink.gif Thanks!

P.S. Is this available yet or are the PDFs still the text to use?

JUNOS Fundamentals: The Official Study Guide for JNCIA Certification and Junos Administration
I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

Comments

• Options
    AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    I just checked the fast track site, learning portal, and the current PDFs there list that they are for the JNO-101 exam. There's probably not much difference, or any at all, but I'd still recommend picking those up.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • Options
    Thanks already got them. By the way, I registered on the Fast Track portal but I do not recall them ever asking me to create a password. Is that typical or do I need to create that somewhere?
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

I do recall something about this a long time ago before I joined Juniper. I have to use a user/pass now but that gets me all the cool internal stuff that everybody else doesn't have access to.

I'd say as long as you can get in and get the stuff then you're good to go. :D

-Bender
  • Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I set mine up about 2 months back and had to secure it with a password.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Options
    Very odd...I just rebooted my computer for Windows updates. I am going to see if it will still let me in. Although there is probably a cookie on my machine.

I double checked and I was never asked to create a username or password. Strange indeed.......icon_wink.gif

Great, I just tried accessing the page and now it is asking for a username and password! Yesterday, it said I was registered and would let me access my profile.

Since it never asked me to create a username/password, how can I even use the password recovery option?

I tried re-registering and it said this email/name was already being used...Duh! ya think?

Now what?

Aldur wrote: »
    I'd say as long as you can get in and get the stuff then you're good to go. :D

Well, can't get in now. Can no longer access Fast Track materials, etc.

Update: Okay got it...I was able to fenagle a password reset(which is odd since I never had one) on the website. I guess it self created the username based on email address.

Is this part of the JNCIA-Junos exam? icon_smile.gif

Interesting indeed. Glad to hear you got in though. :)

-Bender
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    ITdude wrote: »
    Is this part of the JNCIA-Junos exam? icon_smile.gif

Sounds like it was a bit tougher than the exam!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    Sounds like it was a bit tougher than the exam!

Hmmm....I wonder what he meant by that? icon_smile.gif I hope that you did not violate NDA.

Thanks guys!icon_wink.gif