MCITP Bound! 70-640 on Thursday

ATX350ATX350 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
I had a hell of a time with the 291 last year and never did pass. I'm hoping things go better for 640. I've been using CBT nuggets, Transcender test prep and went through the 6425B & C labs.

Thank you for all the great material on this site.

-A fellow IT brother

Comments

• EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good luck bro!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • ATX350ATX350 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Essendon wrote: »
    Good luck bro!

Thanks! Now.. time to leave forums and get back to the books. Will update again on Thursday with results. :)
  • Ivanr4g63Ivanr4g63 Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ATX350 wrote: »
    get back to the books.

...and LAB right! icon_thumright.gif

Best of Lucks.
  • arvin2212arvin2212 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I had a hell of a time with the 291 last year and never did pass. I'm hoping things go better for 640. I've been using CBT nuggets, Transcender test prep and went through the 6425B & C labs.

Thank you for all the great material on this site.

-A fellow IT brother

What do you mean by 642B & C labs?

:)
  • SykkSykk Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How did the exam go?
    [√] 70-640 - 21/07/2011
    [ ] 70-642 - Currently reading Exam 70-642 Configuring Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    arvin2212 wrote: »
    What do you mean by 642B & C labs?

:)

He's probably referring to TS: Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuring

Official MS classroom learning, dunno how much it costs, a small fortune I'd say. Not needed unless your employer is sending you to attend one, IMO.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • tropeztropez Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I can't wait to hear how it went.
  • Michael.J.PalmerMichael.J.Palmer Member Posts: 407 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck!
    -Michael Palmer
    WGU Networks BS in IT - Design & Managment (2nd Term)
    Transfer: BAC1,BBC1,CLC1,LAE1,INC1,LAT1,AXV1,TTV1,LUT1,INT1,SSC1,SST1,TNV1,QLT1,ABV1,AHV1,AIV1,BHV1,BIV1
    Required Courses: EWB2, WFV1, BOV1, ORC1, LET1, GAC1, HHT1, TSV1, IWC1, IWT1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CPW3.
    Key: Completed, WIP, Still to come
  • ATX350ATX350 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well unfortunately I did not pass.

I'm very disappointed with the transcenders. After consistently receiving 90%+ on the practice tests I went into the test with high confidence. I ran into a ton of material which wasn't even mentioned in the transcenders.

And good lord was that test cryptic! It's hard enough to learn all the command line tools but come on, all the switches too!?

Weakest section was "Configuring Additional Active Directory Roles"

Fortunately I do have a 2nd shot voucher so plan on taking it again in a couple weeks. Hopefully I can find a better test prep engine which has a larger test bank and more R2 questions.

-E
  • sherrillsherrill Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□

And good lord was that test cryptic! It's hard enough to learn all the command line tools but come on, all the switches too!?

Weakest section was "Configuring Additional Active Directory Roles"

-E

My weak point was (and still is, after my pass) AD Objects.

I agree with the cryptic comment. Another post called it "curly". Whatever you call it, these tests are something else.