gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Chapter 1 re-capped this evening
    1.5 extra hours for the counter.
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    gorebrush wrote: »
    Chapter 1 re-capped this evening
    1.5 extra hours for the counter.

Cool, now clatter through that 100 hour mark and aim to take the written before Christmas.
  • Options
    Chapter 2, done.

69.5 hours.
  • Options
    Good. Get get over 100 hours!
  • Options
    On it. Have got wife's work shifts until end of September.

Have plotted when I can read. Have thought of more inventive ways to get more hours in.

Now read when I can, and then "read/take notes" at designated times. This is great as I'm effectively reading it twice in one go, and making notes is working out much better.

Have got my Kindle with the PDF, so can read whenever I have a spare hour.
  • Options
    On it. Have got wife's work shifts until end of September.

Have plotted when I can read. Have thought of more inventive ways to get more hours in.

Now read when I can, and then "read/take notes" at designated times. This is great as I'm effectively reading it twice in one go, and making notes is working out much better.

Have got my Kindle with the PDF, so can read whenever I have a spare hour.

Then get 200 hours! You have until Christmas to make the cut. If you dont make it, abandon CCIE readiness plans but keep reading!
  • Options
    How are your plans going?
  • Options
    How are your plans going?

Mine? Totally maxed out at work and at home. Gave a presentation to an audience including a CCIE on a new MPLS core design.

Main thing is I got the right work..it pays well. The CCIE I do on the side when I dont have design meetings to lead!
  • Options
    Read most of Chapter 3 STP today. I find STP very hard reading though, so abandoned it for the time being.

Read Chapter 4, easy bread and butter stuff, though will spend the time practising subnetting etc.

Chapter 5 is a large laundry list of services, I'll come back to that.

Read most of Chapter 6.

Tomorrow will be a write off as we have my wife's family round for dinner, then we are off to visit my father as it is his birthday tomorrow.

In other news I am definitely aiming for end of the year for the written exam. Starting to get good momentum again now.
  • Options
    Read most of Chapter 3 STP today. I find STP very hard reading though, so abandoned it for the time being.

Read Chapter 4, easy bread and butter stuff, though will spend the time practising subnetting etc.

Read most of Chapter 6.

Tomorrow will be a write off as we have my wife's family round for dinner, then we are off to visit my father as it is his birthday tomorrow.

In other news I am definitely aiming for end of the year for the written exam. Starting to get good momentum again now.

Good progress. 2 hours per day reading or practice exams next week. Get 150 hours in and you can do the written. To pass you need 15 hours study per week minimum rolling over 6 weeks otherwise you will get owned in the written exam. If you can't maintain that on the theory then lab prep is pointless from a prepare to pass the CCIE exam point of view. You must get the written this year to gear your study habits for 1000 lab prep study hours starting 2012.
  • Options

Read most of Chapter 6.

Services skip for now. STP you must master.
  • Options
    Yes agreed STP is to be mastered. Maybe it's the Odom book being rather dry with the material. I since had a look through Clarks LAN Switching presented it in a better way. Between the two tomes, and some RFC research, STP will be conquered.
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yes agreed STP is to be mastered. Maybe it's the Odom book being rather dry with the material. I since had a look through Clarks LAN Switching presented it in a better way. Between the two tomes, and some RFC research, STP will be conquered.

The BCMSN guide has a reasonably easy to follow explanation. Also, maybe try to find some video explanations of it as well.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    I have the BCMSN book as well - so that indeed would be a good place to look.

Currently working through EIGRP, two hours pegged last night.
  • Options
    Slow week.

Currently having a lot of work about to be done on the house, so time hasn't been forthcoming sadly.
  • Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Slow week.

Currently having a lot of work about to be done on the house, so time hasn't been forthcoming sadly.

As you said much earlier on in the process, 'slowly slowly catchy monkey' ;)
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Slow week.

Me as well. But try and get some reading in this week. 10 hours spread across 7 days can be done.
  • Options
    bertieb wrote: »
    As you said much earlier on in the process, 'slowly slowly catchy monkey' ;)

Too true!

Will try and get on top of some hours this week.

Going to be tied up until end of September due to scheduling of house work and holidays.

But no matter, I'm no longer in the position to go at these exams all guns blazing like I used to :) I think I've finally come to terms with it lol
  • Options
    Still here, have done some reading but not masses.

Have done some "light" reading. Lot going on at work, home, etc, concerns about my health are not helping either =/
  • Options
    reaper81reaper81 Member Posts: 631
    What's up with your health? Health always comes first and family. Hope you get better.
    Daniel Dib
    CCIE #37149
  • Options
    Weight is and always has been a major problem.

However, I have taken steps to improve - have been going swimming regularly (daily, 4-5 times a week) and tweaked my diet somewhat.

Though I would like some major movement in this area before doing anything else.
  • Options

However, I have taken steps to improve - have been going swimming regularly (daily, 4-5 times a week) and tweaked my diet somewhat.

Though I would like some major movement in this area before doing anything else.

Swimming is good for you. I highly recommend it. How is the CCIE written reading going?
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□

Sorry to hear that mate. whatever you do, always put your health before any of your work or studies. These can easily wait that little bit longer.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    Turgon wrote: »
    Swimming is good for you. I highly recommend it. How is the CCIE written reading going?

Slowly, but have got 2 x 8 hour windows free this weekend. Will be using both of them.
  • Options
    Slowly, but have got 2 x 8 hour windows free this weekend. Will be using both of them.

Good man. Hook up with Jimmy on his thread, he's about your level on written prep I think.
  • Options

How'd it go? I got a considerable amount of studying done this weekend, but didn't count a lot of it because it was research...
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options

I've had to do the same thing. Are you doing any weight lifting or other cardio? What's your diet look like? Have you had a physical with full bloodwork? I had a job that had me working around 15-18 hours a day on average and traveling all over so I had no time to workout or eat right. Leading up to that job I worked out at least 4x a week and ate healthy meals. After, I found out my cholesterol was really high after I had some blood work done. It sounds like you're taking a proactive approach to this so good work!
  • Options
    I swim generally 3-5 times a week. Diet is OK but not amazing, though I have cut down alcohol intake considerably.

Didn't manage to get masses done on the weekend due to feeling blitzed lately. Bad day at the office Friday, so needed the downtime over the weekend.

I've also got another eye operation coming too, and the house is about to be taken into many pieces.... :D
  • Options
    Slow, slow, and slow.

Here's why, house work going on today... haven't been able to nail much lately icon_sad.gif

photoufc.jpg
    photo1pj.jpg

That, was, our kitchen :D
  • Options
    good luck with that!