Certification expiration

Panzer919Panzer919 Member Posts: 462
So I have been trying to do repairs on my house, I had a baby 3 weeks ago, I did a complete network redesign and install, I'm working on multiple projects at work, and my CCNA expires on September 9th. I'm nervous that I'm not going to pass the ROUTE exam (scheduled for first attempt on Aug 8th) before my NA expires. Needless to say I'm a little stressed with everything.

I was just curious as to how many people have been in this situation and had to start over?
Cisco Brat Blog

I think “very senior” gets stuck in there because the last six yahoos that applied for the position couldn’t tell a packet from a Snickers bar.

Luck is where opportunity and proper planning meet

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
Thomas A. Edison

Comments

• Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I can't comment on the expiration but you could knock out CCDA or CCNA:Security easily with your knowledge and experience.
  • cuuloco10cuuloco10 Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    my suggestion = CCNA Security if you have a couple of routers and switches - or Read about the Data and VoIP Design concepts and guidelines, etc and get the CCDA
  • SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    As mentioned above I would tackle the CCNA:Sec I think that one would be easier then the CCDA.
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • Panzer919Panzer919 Member Posts: 462
    I have seriously debated on changing to either the test but my concern was that with the limited amount of time left, could I retain enough information to pass the test.
    Cisco Brat Blog

I think “very senior” gets stuck in there because the last six yahoos that applied for the position couldn’t tell a packet from a Snickers bar.

Thomas A. Edison
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Panzer919 wrote: »
    I have seriously debated on changing to either the test but my concern was that with the limited amount of time left, could I retain enough information to pass the test.

Trust me dude, I was a fresh ccna and did the test in a couple of weeks. You are basically at CCNP level work you could probably do it in like 2-3 weeks if you wanted to. CCDA should be cake for you as well. They did just release a new test so keep that in mind.
  • rtrefzrtrefz Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm kind of in the same boat. Just finished my CCNP exams, but my CCNA expired before I passed the first one (BSCI was a real pain for me). I'm now re-taking my CCNA exam on the 29th. I'm really hoping that my CCNP studies should make CCNA a cake walk.
  • Panzer919Panzer919 Member Posts: 462
    rtrefz wrote: »
    I'm kind of in the same boat. Just finished my CCNP exams, but my CCNA expired before I passed the first one (BSCI was a real pain for me). I'm now re-taking my CCNA exam on the 29th. I'm really hoping that my CCNP studies should make CCNA a cake walk.

You know I have been so stressed out about the test and deadline that it never even occurred to me that if I don't finish in time, I could finish the NP then go back and redo the NA. I think I may be more out of it than I thought icon_wink.gif
    Cisco Brat Blog

Thomas A. Edison