June 2011 CISA/CISM results

badrottiebadrottie Member Posts: 116
I certain there are others who are awaiting results from the June 12, 2011 writing of the CISA or CISM, much like I am.

A colleague received his results within 3 weeks last year, so there is hope that this year ISACA has faster grading processes than the 5-8 weeks for examination results stated in their official literature.

Post your results, what you used to study, how long the exam took, and any other exam related experiences (good or bad).

Good luck to all those that wrote!

Comments

• darkladdiedarkladdie Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Are you sure it was only three weeks for CISA/CISM results to come back?
    I believe it took about 6 weeks for the December test takers to get their results back and that was about 2 weeks faster than it usually takes for the June takers. I am currently waiting on results myself.

I am expecting 8 weeks before results start appearing in early August. :))
  • NeriKuttaNeriKutta Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    1 month has passed since I took the CISA exam. Any idea when the results will be out for June 2011? I know the "official" response is 8 weeks - is it always around 8 weeks after the exam?
  • redmondredmond Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It has been 6 to 8 weeks normally. I am waiting for my CISM results.
    NeriKutta wrote: »
    1 month has passed since I took the CISA exam. Any idea when the results will be out for June 2011? I know the "official" response is 8 weeks - is it always around 8 weeks after the exam?
  • Sam2011Sam2011 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□

I have done the CISA exam on last December but unfortunately didn't pass, I took it again on June and hopefully I can clear it this time.

Regarding results, the release of last exam results by email was on 28th of January and if the ISACA will follow the same scenario then we will got our result on 28th of July, hopefully sooner ..
    Good luck everyone...

• badrottiebadrottie Member Posts: 116
    maughc wrote: »
    Are you sure it was only three weeks for CISA/CISM results to come back?
    I believe it took about 6 weeks for the December test takers to get their results back and that was about 2 weeks faster than it usually takes for the June takers. I am currently waiting on results myself.

I am expecting 8 weeks before results start appearing in early August. :))

He will swear on a stack of religious material of your choosing that it was 3 weeks.

I have not received my results yet for the CISM. Hopefully, it will come out soon.
  • Sam2011Sam2011 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am wondering if anyone have an idea about How are the marks calculated because I thought the passed mark 450 equal to 56% which mean about 111 questions but friend of mine said that as 200 the lowest mark even if you answer nothing and 800 the highest possible score that means the exam will be calculated from 600 and as the passed mark is 450 which is 75% and 75% is the passed mark of the last marks scheme for CISA exam, I think that is reasonable!
    and also that might mean you need to answer 150 out of 200 questions.

Do you think that make sense !!
    Sam2011 wrote: »
    I am wondering if anyone have an idea about How are the marks calculated because I thought the passed mark 450 equal to 56% which mean about 111 questions but friend of mine said that as 200 the lowest mark even if you answer nothing and 800 the highest possible score that means the exam will be calculated from 600 and as the passed mark is 450 which is 75% and 75% is the passed mark of the last marks scheme for CISA exam, I think that is reasonable!
    and also that might mean you need to answer 150 out of 200 questions.

Do you think that make sense !!

Not all questions are weighted the same, which is why it is a scaled score. This is no different than the CISSP, where some questions are worth more than others due to their difficulty.
  • JimmyHanJimmyHan Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My friend told me that last year result was out on 6th August. Hope this year will out faster. :) Also, hopefully everyone here will pass the exam. icon_cheers.gif
  • bjasinskbjasinsk Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    July 28th is here and no results yet. Somehow I feel like we will not know till around Aug 13th.

This wait is killing me, I don't understand how it can possible take this long to get us the results.

I passed the certified internal auditor and certified government auditing professional exams and knew my results before I left the building.
    bjasinsk wrote: »
    July 28th is here and no results yet. Somehow I feel like we will not know till around Aug 13th.

This wait is killing me, I don't understand how it can possible take this long to get us the results.

I passed the certified internal auditor and certified government auditing professional exams and knew my results before I left the building.

If there is one thing that ISACA desires candidates to learn, it is patience. I agree that there is no valid reason why the examination could not be scored and results issued more expediently.
  • colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    JimmyHan wrote: »
    My friend told me that last year result was out on 6th August. Hope this year will out faster. :) Also, hopefully everyone here will pass the exam. icon_cheers.gif

I think people on here last year didn't know until Aug 12 (dynamik.) Hopefully soon though, I am waiting on CISA.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
    badrottie wrote: »
    If there is one thing that ISACA desires candidates to learn, it is patience. I agree that there is no valid reason why the examination could not be scored and results issued more expediently.

My patience has certainlly been tested. This final week (hopefully) of waiting may kill me though.
    bjasinsk wrote: »
    My patience has certainlly been tested. This final week (hopefully) of waiting may kill me though.

Agreed. I previously thought the (ISC)2 was slow in returning exam results to CISSP candidates. No longer. Compared to ISACA, they are paragons of efficiency.
    I go into panic mode every time this thread shows a new post, thinking that someone has posted their pass/fail, LOL

I am tired of waiting too!
  • JimmyHanJimmyHan Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    colemic wrote: »
    I go into panic mode every time this thread shows a new post, thinking that someone has posted their pass/fail, LOL

I am tired of waiting too!

I do panic every time I think of CISA. icon_cry.gif
    Lol see! You did it to me again!!! :)
    WHY ARE MY RESULTS STILL PENDING! IT'S AUGUST ALREADY!

Seriously, how long does it take to run a 200 questions scantron through a computer and post the results on their website?

$125 to join ISACA
    $105 for a CISA review manual
    $185 for a review database
    $425 to sit for the CISA exam
    Waiting 2 months to find out of you wasted $840 and 40+ hours of your life studying....Priceless
  • shaqazoolushaqazoolu Member Posts: 259 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just got my CISM results about 3 minutes ago. I PASSED! Whooooooooo!
    :study:
  • cabrillo24cabrillo24 Member Posts: 137
    Got my results. Pass here as well! CISM exam.
    Next Up...
    CCNA: Security (210-260)
    Date: TBD
    Me three! PASS for CISA!

Such a relief!
    Just received my CISM results: passed!
  • Kris_gKris_g Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Passed CISA - Got results via email today.
    Passed CISA, all my whining paid off!
    3 CISA passes and 3 CISM passes, woohoo! Congrats all around!
  • AlexNguyenAlexNguyen Member Posts: 358 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Passed CISA too. Got result via email at 11h30.
    Knowledge has no value if it is not shared.
    Knowledge can cure ignorance, but intelligence cannot cure stupidity.
  • AbhijeetBasuAbhijeetBasu Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Gentlemen!

This is my first post in the forum and I am proud to announce that I have passed the CISA :)

Great feeling!
  • shaqazoolushaqazoolu Member Posts: 259 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Gentlemen!

This is my first post in the forum and I am proud to announce that I have passed the CISA :)

Great feeling!

Welcome aboard and congrats on your pass. Congrats to everyone else on their pass as well. Looks like several people are having a great day today.
    :study:
  • VegasResidentVegasResident Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Received my CISA email this morning 8:23 PST.

I passed!
  • redmondredmond Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Got the results this morning. Passed CISM. Great relief.
  • contentproscontentpros Member Posts: 115 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Got my CISM pass results this morning as well! Now I can enjoy Blackhat/Bsides/Defcon as a celebration!