How long can I use the BSCI for CCIP?

hhasundhhasund Member Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi,

Sorry if this question has been asked before, but I could not find any info on this subject.

I am an CCNP with the BSCI (summer 2009) and BCMSN exams. I will probably go for the CCIP, but it will not be until next spring at the earliest. Will I still be able to include my BSCI in the CCIP by then, or will I have to do the ROUTING exam?

I know the exam will be retired this summer, but I was wondering how long we can use these old exams in the CCIP.

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    An individual exam is "good" for 3 years -- so you'd have to complete the requirements for the CCIP within those 3 years.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • gaby_978gaby_978 Member Posts: 222
    mikej412 wrote: »
    An individual exam is "good" for 3 years -- so you'd have to complete the requirements for the CCIP within those 3 years.

Mike,

Does this means that a person will need to pass all 3 exams left (BGP, MPLS, QoS) before the Old CCNP expires? Or as soon as you pass one of these exams the CCNP gets renew eventhough the entire CCIP track has not been completed?
    ‎"If you spend too much time thinking about a thing,
    you'll never get it done"
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    gaby_978 wrote: »
    Mike,

Does this means that a person will need to pass all 3 exams left (BGP, MPLS, QoS) before the Old CCNP expires? Or as soon as you pass one of these exams the CCNP gets renew eventhough the entire CCIP track has not been completed?

The individual exam results are only good for 3 years, period. So if you passed BSCI, in order for it replace ROUTE in your certification requirements, you must complete the CCIP within 3 years of passing BSCI. Passing QOS, for example, does not extend your BSCI credit.

So If you passed BSCI on Jan 1, 2009, you must pass the other three CCIP exams by Jan 1, 2012. After Jan 1, 2012, you'd need to take ROUTE to complete CCIP.
    The individual exam results are only good for 3 years, period. So if you passed BSCI, in order for it replace ROUTE in your certification requirements, you must complete the CCIP within 3 years of passing BSCI. Passing QOS, for example, does not extend your BSCI credit.

So If you passed BSCI on Jan 1, 2009, you must pass the other three CCIP exams by Jan 1, 2012. After Jan 1, 2012, you'd need to take ROUTE to complete CCIP.

Thank you for the response. So since my CCNP expires in Feb 2013 I guess I have a good amount of time to study for the last 3 exams for the CCIP.
  • ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    gaby_978 wrote: »
    Thank you for the response. So since my CCNP expires in Feb 2013 I guess I have a good amount of time to study for the last 3 exams for the CCIP.

Not exactly. You can't go by when your cert expires (unless BSCI happened to be your last exam). You have to go by when you passed BSCI. If you passed BSCI in January of 2010, then you have until January of 2013, not February.
    ColbyG wrote: »
    Not exactly. You can't go by when your cert expires (unless BSCI happened to be your last exam). You have to go by when you passed BSCI. If you passed BSCI in January of 2010, then you have until January of 2013, not February.

I was just thinking about that and was about to ask. Thank you for the clarification.