Finally got my blog up.

EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
I finally got my blog up! Check it out: http://www.fixtheexchange.com

I'm not quite done tweaking features and functionality on it, but I wanted to get my 1st article out there because a few people were waiting on it.

I have quite a few more articles planned for my 1st series "Budget Laboratory".

Other articles I'm planning to write for this series are:
Virtual SAN with freeNAS
VMWare ESXi 4.1
2003 AD Installation and Configuration
Exchange 2003 Cluster Installation and Configuration

So at the end of the series you'll have a fully functional AD & Exchange lab environment.

Some other articles I have planned that will utilize the lab from that first series are:

AD 2003 to 2008 Upgrade.
Exchange 2003 to 2010 migration.
Reverse proxy.
Blackberry Enterprise Server 5.0

Eventually I'll do a Zimbra article, and probably some work with Samba AD domain controllers. I'll get into some Instant Messaging systems as well. I may even do another lab series using Citrix instead of VMWare.

Let me know what you think so far. I'm open to ideas for other articles. icon_thumright.gif

Comments

• Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm not a server guy, but I gave your article on pfsense a quick read, and it looks really well-written with good information. I would certainly enjoy an article on ESXi if you decide to do one.
  • EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
    Mrock4 wrote: »
    I'm not a server guy, but I gave your article on pfsense a quick read, and it looks really well-written with good information. I would certainly enjoy an article on ESXi if you decide to do one.

Thanks. :D I already plan on doing an ESXi article, it will be the 3rd in the series, after the virtual SAN, since I will be configuring ESXi to use an iSCSI SAN for storage for that article. I hope to have those done within the next week or 2 here.
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    a Vsan article would be awesome.
    a Vsan article would be awesome.
    That one is next, I actually had a lot of fun setting that up. I'm going to blow it away and start over from scratch so I can take screen shots of the whole process for the article. I may even do a video for it as well. This first one will be using freeNAS, but I plan to go back and do another one using OpenFiler too.
  • vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Oooo bookmarked! icon_thumright.gif
    vCole wrote: »
    Oooo bookmarked! icon_thumright.gif

FYI, if you register, you can subscribe, and the site should send you automatic alerts when new content is added. icon_thumright.gif Right now I have it set to where I have to approve all registrations, which I usually do within 24 hours. I believe it should send another e-mail when I approve an account.
    Ugh, power outage really screwed things up this weekend, site is back up now. Hope to have the Virtual SAN article finished by the end of the week.