CCNP Voice - CAPPS 642-467

sieffsieff Member Posts: 276
Anyone have the story on CAPPS 642-467?

I'm preparing for it, but not sure how. There's no book. I just completed CIPT2 (8.0) and it was the same problem, but I read CIPT2 6.0 cover to cover and read as much as I could find on SAF/CCD for the pass.

Completed:

CIPT1 (6.0) - April 2009
CVOICE (6.0) - April 2011
CIPT (8.0) - August 2011

Remaining:

CAPPS (8.0)
TVOICE (8.0)
"The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they, while their companions slept were toiling upward in the night." from the poem: The Ladder of St. Augustine, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Comments

• shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • sieffsieff Member Posts: 276
    Cool, thanks for the references. I have the Presence book, which I'm starting to read tonight. I also have access to a Presence server on a production network. I've installed Unity Connections versions 7x and 8.6, so I'm familiar with install and configuration. I'll try and cram for a good week and maybe take this a week from today. Thanks, shodown!
    "The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they, while their companions slept were toiling upward in the night." from the poem: The Ladder of St. Augustine, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
    Thanks again for the info. I passed the exam. I may have over studied, if there is such a thing. I read the entire Cisco Press Presence Fundamentals book, I read the CUE section of "Cisco IP Communications Express", some CCO docs on CUP and CUPC. I iced the exam, my score was in the 900s.

Here are my remaining exams and CCNP Voice trek:

CIPT1 - April 2009
    CVOICE 6.0 - Feb 27, 2011
    CIPT2 - August 2011
    CAPPS - September 2011

TVOICE - PENDING (studying now) ...
  • tokhsstokhss Member Posts: 473
    what material are you using for the Tvoice?
    tokhss wrote: »
    what material are you using for the Tvoice?
    Good question ... I will follow the TVOICE 8.0 blueprint on the learning network. I have CUCM 8.5, CUC 8.5 and a few 3925 voice gateways in a production environment. I will try reviewing each section using docs on CCO and the Cisco wiki and tinkering with production servers. Those will be my primary resources. I also have a Cisco Press book on Configuring CUCM and CUC. I'll start reading this before doing configuration scenarios like Unified Mobility, Extension Mobility, etc.

I really have to pass this cert to get a pay increase and then to carry on into the CCIE-V written. My goal is mid-September to clear TVOICE 8.0 / CCNP Voice.
  • QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    sieff wrote: »
    ... tinkering with production servers...

Scary...
    QHalo wrote: »
    Scary...

Gotta learn somewhere.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • tokhsstokhss Member Posts: 473
    hahah.. nothing wrong with that as long as you dont screw with customer services.
    When I worked 3rd shift I would setup call centers in my customers enviorments, create auto attendants, play with call handling and so on. The key is to make your numbers very specific so they don't match anything else. I would have a phone proxy phone setup to be a phone to answer inside there network and my other deskphone would act as a PSTN phone. Never screwed anything up, but of course I wasn't trying to fake a database replication error either.
    Currently Reading