Cisco Certs cost to download?

Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
Am I reading this site right? If I want to download my cert I have to pay $5 for a digital copy?
Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark

Comments

• pham0329pham0329 Member Posts: 556
    Yes, you'll have to pay to download the cert.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I recently got my first Cisco cert and was surprised to see that was the case.
  • martell1000martell1000 Member Posts: 389
    i prefer to get my certs per mail.

its free and a good feeling to receive something you can actually see and touch :D

(maybe i am a bit old fashioned :D)
    And then, I started a blog ...
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    yeah, I'm getting it via mail too, but I with CompTIA, CIW, and Microsoft, you get the digital download for free. I mean, $5 is no big deal really, but just took me by surprise.
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Getting it by mail is awesome. But, $5 for a digital download of a certificate? That's pretty dumb. After paying $125 for the exam, passing it, and celebrating with an expensive beer, seeing a $5 charge for a simple download of a PDF file is weird. I can download custom PDF files for free at many other places online. I don't see why Cisco would charge for a digital download of a certificate. It seems like more of a hassle than a "feature" for users.
  • CCIEWANNABECCIEWANNABE Banned Posts: 465
    Yeah, unfortunately Cisco has dropped the ball on this issue. I could see paying $5 to have them mail you a hardcopy, but $5 for an instant download is pretty dumb. And, just to let you know thats $5 PER Certification, I asked them because I wanted to get an updated copy of my Cisco certs and that is the answer they gave me.
  • snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I agree 100% I thought I read it wrong when I saw this. So stupid that you have to an extra $5 for PDF........
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    I haven't gotten a Cisco cert yet, but quick question --- so if you have to pay $5 for a digital copy of your cert, how much is it to get a hard copy? Or can you even get a hard copy?
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • DPGDPG Member Posts: 780 ■■■■■□□□□□
    This is actually an improvement so settle down everyone.

You get your choice of 1 free PDF or physical copy with each certification. You can order additional for $5 (digital) or $15 (hard copy).
    All they did was decrease the price for the PDF. It used to be $15 as well.
  • dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I haven't gotten a Cisco cert yet, but quick question --- so if you have to pay $5 for a digital copy of your cert, how much is it to get a hard copy? Or can you even get a hard copy?

Physical copy of the cert is free.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    DPG wrote: »
    settle down everyone

yeah, I didn't realize my quick post would cause such a stir
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark