Passed CCNA this morning.

xphantasmxxphantasmx Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed with ease. I did not get a SIM until question 49, 52, 53. I had 37 minutes left before SIMS.
IMO this test was super easy I mean disgustingly easy. I am no BRAIN child either. On the other hand I am extremely happy; I passed and have no more stress.

People say the CCNA is hard I should have never listened to them talk all it did was get me stressed out. Listening stressed me way too much.

PEOPLE remember this the CCNA is not as hard people say it is. If you think its hard that is due to 1 reason. YOU DO NOT KNOW the MATERIAL.

I used the Cisco Netacad Academy Cisco 1 thru 4 and Cisco 5 advanced routing course work. icon_cheers.gif

By the way all my instructors are CCNP CCIE CISSP and such, all strongly recommend that you take the composite exam this exam combines ICND1 and 2 together. They were right it is easier this way just take 1 exam. My 2 cents.

Comments

• JustAnotherUserJustAnotherUser Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man!

I plan on taking the ICND 1 Tuesday! (Might change..) I was going to try for today but wussed out! Thought I might need a few more days.
  • lon21lon21 Member Posts: 201
    xphantasmx wrote: »
    I passed with ease. I clicked next. I did not get a SIM until question 49, 52, 53. I had 37 minutes left before SIMS.
    IMO this test was super easy I mean disgustingly easy. I am no BRAIN child either. On the other hand I am extremely happy; I passed and have no more stress.

People say the CCNA is hard I should have never listened them talk all it did was get me stressed out. Listening stressed me way too much.

PEOPLE remember this the CCNA is not as hard people say it is. If you think its hard that is due to 1 reason. YOU DO NOT KNOW the MATERIAL.

I used the Cisco Netacad Academy Cisco 1 thru 4 and Cisco 5 advanced routing course work. icon_cheers.gif

Mate well done!

Was the only material you used from the Academy?
  • xphantasmxxphantasmx Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    lon21 wrote: »
    Mate well done!

Was the only material you used from the Academy?

Of course anything else is considered cheating. I am going to school full time. Going to college full time it took 2 years almost to get to a level of knowledge for the CCNA "not study time". I studied exclusively for 2 weeks 7 or more hours a day for 2 weeks to prepare. Asked friends lots of questions on their CCNA experiences and modeled my scenario accordingly.
  • varelgvarelg Banned Posts: 790
    Awesome! Congratulations! Now, I am sure plenty would disagree with you on the easiness of this exam. Does your job involve handling Cisco equipment in addition to taking courses at the academy?
    And yeah, what's next? Are you contemplating a sysadmin cert like Linux or Windows- related? Or you'll stick with Cisco?
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the pass!
    I'm taking the composite test soon and have heard the same thing from several people that the composite is easier bthan the 2 test route.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing. I don't think I quite agree that the CCNA is disgustingly easy by any means but it seems like you know the material pretty well.
    Congrats man!

I plan on taking the ICND 1 Tuesday! (Might change..) I was going to try for today but wussed out! Thought I might need a few more days.

Take the composite once you take it you will understand. It easier and better for you and your wallet. It covers the same stuff only this composite is 1 exam 1.5 hours not 3 hours.
    varelg wrote: »
    Awesome! Congratulations! Now, I am sure plenty would disagree with you on the easiness of this exam. Does your job involve handling Cisco equipment in addition to taking courses at the academy?
    And yeah, what's next? Are you contemplating a sysadmin cert like Linux or Windows- related? Or you'll stick with Cisco?

I am student assistant and I do repair routers and switches and IOS installs and such. Not to deeply but I do have contact 4 days a week with Cisco gear. We are a Cisco Learning Partner. But I would have to say it didn't help me much.
    I intend to attempt my CCNP by the end of the Year.
    Congrats on passing. I don't think I quite agree that the CCNA is disgustingly easy by any means but it seems like you know the material pretty well.

I do not mean by any stretch of the imagination it was brainless. Not at all. If you do not know the material you will not pass. If I had not had the privilege of going to school to learn Networking, I most likely would have struggled for sure. But since I did go to school for the CCNA specifically I say again it was disgustingly EASY.
    My study habits are sickening though. I really put in the hours at school on Cisco gear and in my home lab. So much in fact it caused fights with the wife and family.
    I am just pleased it is over for 3 years and I made issues bigger than they actually were.
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz and thanks for the recommendations!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • l!ghtl!ght Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    My friend... everything is disgustingly easy if you know the material. That is how it should be, right? To get to the point when you know the material is another thing.icon_lol.gif
    Jesus saves!
    Another thing if you search my posts I have obtaining 4 certs in 5 months.

Before this last summer semester april-ish I obtained Net+ Sec+ A+, ( <
    in less than a month) finished another semester and obtained my CCNA. 2011 has been a truly great year.

It is all about what you want as an individual in life and from life. I want a great job, let my wife stay at home. That is my goal for the foreseeable future.
    Congratz and thanks for the recommendations!
    I see your goal is the CCENT? Why? If you are good enough to get the CCENT you are good enough to get the CCNA. I promise you that most HR from an employer has not idea 1 what is a CCENT. They are taught to reguritate CCNA primarily. My professor interviewed for job with his mad resume which includes "CCAI,CCNP,CISSP,CNE,iNET,MCSE,GIAC-GSEC,SCSA,CTT,CCNA,CNA,MCP.
    The HR person said thanks for your time but you don't have the credentials we need. My professor asked what certification and she said you don't have the CCNA he said do you know what the CCNP is? The HR rep said no. He stood up and politely told her I do not think I need to work here and left.
  • FirecellFirecell Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I see your goal is the CCENT? Why? If you are good enough to get the CCENT you are good enough to get the CCNA. I promise you that most HR from an employer has not idea 1 what is a CCENT. They are taught to reguritate CCNA primarily. My professor interviewed for job with his mad resume which includes "CCAI,CCNP,CISSP,CNE,iNET,MCSE,GIAC-GSEC,SCSA,CTT,CCNA,CNA,MCP.
    The HR person said thanks for your time but you don't have the credentials we need. My professor asked what certification and she said you don't have the CCNA he said do you know what the CCNP is? The HR rep said no. He stood up and politely told her I do not think I need to work here and left.

Bro... Cool Story!
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!!!

I think it was easy because you knew the material well.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • skwira001skwira001 Member Posts: 94 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The most critical part of the CCNA is to get acustomed to what the show commands mean that the training material wants you to know. There is really no reason why the CCNA should be difficult when you have a program like Packet Tracer. I definitely think that's key when studying is to study with a clear mind. I'd also rather read something just once and go slow than the speed read and not really understand and speed read again. I say really soak in the information.
  • varelgvarelg Banned Posts: 790
    ... They are taught to reguritate CCNA primarily. My professor interviewed for job with his mad resume which includes "CCAI,CCNP,CISSP,CNE,iNET,MCSE,GIAC-GSEC,SCSA,CTT,CCNA,CNA,MCP.
    Lol, the drones... sad story but not a lone example out there...
  • QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    "CCAI,CCNP,CISSP,CNE,iNET,MCSE,GIAC-GSEC,SCSA,CTT,CCNA,CNA,MCP.
    You listed CCNA in the list of stuff. Just sayin.. :p
  • ZehniZehni Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Another thing if you search my posts I have obtaining 4 certs in 5 months. Before this last summer semester april-ish I obtained Net+ Sec+ A+, ( Can you elaborate on your textbook/practice tests for Sec+? And if possible let me know your general opinion of Sec+ exam.
    Jesus saves!
    l!ght wrote: »
    Another thing if you search my posts I have obtaining 4 certs in 5 months. Before this last summer semester april-ish I obtained Net+ Sec+ A+, ( Can you elaborate on your textbook/practice tests for Sec+? And if possible let me know your general opinion of Sec+ exam.

I used a book by Daril Gibson book listed all over this in the Sec+ forum. That book is a fantastic read and very informative. Although there is a new cert# associated with the cert. The book still may be relevant for using. I read the book in 22 hours and took a week to study strictly for that test. The questions of the actually exam are written by someone that knows nothing of the subject. Just like a lot of other cert test. I took the test and found it not difficult but IMO since I am not a security guy it was harder than the CCNA. Question wise, Network+ was harder than the Sec+ exam go figure. All due to the ambiguity of the questions.
    QHalo wrote: »
    You listed CCNA in the list of stuff. Just sayin.. :p

Yea, because he went out and re-certified his CCNP for those types of people in the future. At the time of interview he had the CCNP.
    skwira001 wrote: »
    The most critical part of the CCNA is to get acustomed to what the show commands mean that the training material wants you to know. There is really no reason why the CCNA should be difficult when you have a program like Packet Tracer. I definitely think that's key when studying is to study with a clear mind. I'd also rather read something just once and go slow than the speed read and not really understand and speed read again. I say really soak in the information.

True that know your show commands. CCNA is tricky about a sim or 2 in how you have to get the information. No guessing on a sim.
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920

Thanks for the words of encouragement! I passed the Network + ages ago, and felt that studying and going through the CCENT would be a good review to get me back up to speed, then take the CCNA.
    I can definitely understand what you are saying about HR though ---- automatans in a material world! ;)
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
    l!ght wrote: »
    I used a book by Daril Gibson book listed all over this in the Sec+ forum. That book is a fantastic read and very informative. Although there is a new cert# associated with the cert. The book still may be relevant for using. I read the book in 22 hours and took a week to study strictly for that test. The questions of the actually exam are written by someone that knows nothing of the subject. Just like a lot of other cert test. I took the test and found it not difficult but IMO since I am not a security guy it was harder than the CCNA. Question wise, Network+ was harder than the Sec+ exam go figure. All due to the ambiguity of the questions.
    I am using the same book by Gibson. So, I take it you didn't do any other practice tests except the one in the book? Then went straight to take Sec+?
    Jesus saves!
  • alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    Congratulations!

Don't get me started on hr people.
    If you think trying to get them to understand what different networking/IT things are
    try having to explain what embedded systems are when you are being interviewed for an embedded systems job
    and the HR person and the so called technical manager didn't have a clue.

Not that my current manager does
    (please please stay away from breaker panels and not turn off running servers/lab rigs when you mean to reset a tripped breaker)
    his eyes glaze over in seconds when you try and explain things to him and thats after he asked you to explain to him how it works
    and you are using the simplest terms possible.
    Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014