Options

CCNA 640-461 Lab

woischwoisch Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi,

here is my equipment:

- 2x 2811 Routers (512/256 and 512/64 RAM/FLASH)
- both with WIC2T
- Advanced Enterprise IOS (15.X)
- 1x Traffgen enabled
- 2x 7941 Phones
- 2x 2610 Routers (max RAM/Flash)
- 1x WIC1T and WIC2T
- 1x WIC1T
- 5x 2950 Switches
- 1x 2970 Switch
- 1x 1721 Router
- IP Communicator´s
- virtual Call Manager 8.5

I want to communicate over a SIP Trunk to a VoIP Provider. So i don`t think i need a FXO Card, right?
My question is, what do i need MANDANTORY for a suitable LAB, later i want to go to the CCNP Voice. But for now i looking for CCNA Voice 460-461.

Do i need a NM Module for AIM-CUE or how it works? I don`t know much about this. :-/
What about DSPs, i think if i use no FXO/FXS Card i dont have to buy a PVDM for the beginning, right?

I`m glad for all your suggestions. ;)

regards
Woisch

Comments

• Options
    woischwoisch Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    genXrcistgenXrcist Member Posts: 531
    woisch wrote: »
    Hi,

here is my equipment:

- 2x 2811 Routers (512/256 and 512/64 RAM/FLASH)
    - both with WIC2T
    - Advanced Enterprise IOS (15.X)
    - 1x Traffgen enabled
    - 2x 7941 Phones
    - 2x 2610 Routers (max RAM/Flash)
    - 1x WIC1T and WIC2T
    - 1x WIC1T
    - 5x 2950 Switches
    - 1x 2970 Switch
    - 1x 1721 Router
    - IP Communicator´s
    - virtual Call Manager 8.5

I want to communicate over a SIP Trunk to a VoIP Provider. So i don`t think i need a FXO Card, right?
    My question is, what do i need MANDANTORY for a suitable LAB, later i want to go to the CCNP Voice. But for now i looking for CCNA Voice 460-461.

Do i need a NM Module for AIM-CUE or how it works? I don`t know much about this. :-/
    What about DSPs, i think if i use no FXO/FXS Card i dont have to buy a PVDM for the beginning, right?

I`m glad for all your suggestions. ;)

regards
    Woisch

This forum is pretty dead as I too got lots of views but no Replies.

Others have said you don't need a Voice Module but I bought one although it hasn't arrived yet. I want to know the whole system inside out though and be ready to work with it in live productions environments as soon as I've passed.

If you don't have any VWICs or FXS/FXO cards I don't believe you need DSPs. I don't believe you would need them for SIP Proxy's either. :)

Good luck in your studies!
    1) CCNP Goal: by August 2012
  • Options
    JollycorkJollycork Member Posts: 149
    genXrcist wrote: »
    This forum is pretty dead as I too got lots of views but no Replies.

Others have said you don't need a Voice Module but I bought one although it hasn't arrived yet. I want to know the whole system inside out though and be ready to work with it in live productions environments as soon as I've passed.

If you don't have any VWICs or FXS/FXO cards I don't believe you need DSPs. I don't believe you would need them for SIP Proxy's either. :)

Good luck in your studies!

Guess voice isn't as popular as it was... I still do voice, but work is eating up time to practice.... to I'm just going slow in getting voice certified.

I use PVDMs in the 1760s. I put the FXS/FXO cards in the 1760s and their the gateways between sites and the pots line [no gatekeeper].
  • Options
    pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    DSPs are required for transcoding, analog to digital conversion (think FXO, FXS, E&M, PRI…), media termination, and conferencing. If the router connects to anything on the traditional PSTN, or to an analog device (via FXS) DSP resources are required. SiP is already IP traffic so you will not need a PVDM unless you plan on playing with CODEC selection, or need supplementary services that require a MTP.

As for the lab, I can’t say that I’ve been keeping up with all of the certification changes of late. ICOMM seems more like an intro to CUCM administration and less of an intro to VoIP technology. For the CCNP:V and the real world, you’re going to definitely want to add DSPs as well analog connectivity (FXS -> FXO between routers, VWIC-MFTs for T1/E1 PRI and CAS).
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT