Setup / Installed creator

DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
HI,

I was wondering if any one had any ideas if there is a simple setup creator I could use.

I have a application that uses the .NET frame work so it needs to be able to create install packages that first check if this is installed and if not ask the user to install before installing the application its self.

I have seen a few around, such as
Free Windows Installer - MSI Installer Tool
that does it all, but this is $300 for the version that can handle the .NET part.

some of the free XML based ones jsut look a bit much at the moment, I don't really want to have to learn that for a simple setup application.

I don't mind spending $50 jsut not $300 for what it just a personal project.

Any programers out there have any ideas ?

Cheers

DevilWAH
  • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
  • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.

Comments

• RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Can you use Visual C# Express and a click once installer?
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Can you use Visual C# Express and a click once installer?

Eww no!!

it creates a messy install program, and mutiply files. Get for publishing from a url or CD, but dosent make a single file install which is what i want.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.