Practice labs in packet tracer

alliasneoalliasneo Member Posts: 186
Does anyone know where I can find some good troubleshooting labs? I've looked around in a few forums but not had much luck at the moment. I know there are a few on this website which I have looked at but I was wondering if anyone had any files etc?

Sorry if this has already been posted. I did have a look through the first 5 or so pages...

Thanks

Comments

• Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sure....one place you can get some labs, purchase Todd Lammle's CCNA Study Guide, he will send you some bonus labs for use in Packet Tracer. The labs contain nearly every chapter of his book. Another place to look if want some free ones - Youtube. Do a search for Packet Tracer. You'll find quite a bunch of videos for Packet Tracer. You'll need to create your own lab in PT from the videos, but it does work pretty well.

hth
  • alliasneoalliasneo Member Posts: 186
    cool, thanks. I will purchase Todd's book but after I've passed CCENT. I have a bunch of material for the CCENT already that I'm working through but just missing some labs really. I will buy Todd's book after to go for the CCNA I think.
  • SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    I'd check out GNS3 and the GNS3Vault lots of good stuff there.
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
    alliasneo wrote: »
    cool, thanks. I will purchase Todd's book but after I've passed CCENT. I have a bunch of material for the CCENT already that I'm working through but just missing some labs really. I will buy Todd's book after to go for the CCNA I think.

yer welcome...just an fyi, Todd's 7th edition study guide covers the ICND1 & ICND2 tests. His bonus material has labs for both(if you're looking for CCENT labs).
  • alliasneoalliasneo Member Posts: 186
    Ltat42a wrote: »
    yer welcome...just an fyi, Todd's 7th edition study guide covers the ICND1 & ICND2 tests. His bonus material has labs for both(if you're looking for CCENT labs).

-Is the book broken down in to 2 separate sections or is it just one big CCNA book?

thanks
    -Is the book broken down in to 2 separate sections or is it just one big CCNA book?

thanks

It's one big book, you can get it from Sybex, Todd's website(lammle.com), or Amazon.

For the ICND1 exam, study these chapters:
    1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16

For ICND2 exam, study these chapters (assuming you've passed ICND1):
    5, 6, 7, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

For CCNA composite, obviously study all chapters.

To get the bonus material labs, email him a copy of your proof of payment, he will send you the packet tracer labs, workbook, and a few other docs. The labs consist of activities & troubleshooting labs.

hth
  • CiscoCertsCiscoCerts Member Posts: 112
    Does anyone know where I can find some good troubleshooting labs? I've looked around in a few forums but not had much luck at the moment. I know there are a few on this website which I have looked at but I was wondering if anyone had any files etc?

Sorry if this has already been posted. I did have a look through the first 5 or so pages...

Thanks

I've got 5 labs I've created in packet tracer, you can download them here PacketTracerLabs.zip

I tried to upload directly to the forum but it kept saying invalid file...
  • spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
    If you were able to get Packet Tracer, you should be able to get the Lab Books for CCNA Exploration or Discovery.

Also, GNS3vault is a good resource. The one thing I like about PT 5.3 over GNS3/IOU is decent switch emulation (Layer 3 and 2). But you lose commands as PT is an emulator versus hypervisor running IOS.

And I'd definitely get the Todd Lammle book. I bought the fifth and sixth edition. He's a great instructor and normally has labs for his lessons.
  • murdoctxmurdoctx Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just finished Chapter 8 myself. I been slacking on my reading lately but am reading cover to cover. Seems to me for just 5 chapters worth of extra material taking the single exam would be ideal and it's half as many total questions. I plan on taking the single exam.
  • taltal13taltal13 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Does anyone have the PT labs from Lammle? I have the 7th edition book and I'm on chapter 8 and I would really love to have the topolgies in front of me and interactive instead of flipping back all the time. I have emailed jim & todd but haven't heard back. Let me know.

T
  • MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
    In my opinion, the labs by Rene Molenaar are the best you can find for troubleshooting. Steve Bowler's labs are also quite good.
    I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.