Server + Books/Prep?

whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
Hello All,

Checked the Server + forums, and the last mention of books used was in 2009.

I am using Jonathan Lau's ebook on Amazon, and wanted to ask if anyone else has recommendations for any other prep material?

I know most people have said this is a easy test, but, even with a voucher, it is still over $200, and I want to make sure I pass the darn thing! :)

Thanks in advance for whoever responds!
2017 Goals:
[ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
Future Goals:
TBD

Comments

• zaxbysaucezaxbysauce Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Lau's book is all you need. I read it once, did the practice questions, took the test and got a 950ish. It really is a pretty simple test.
    Transferred
    LAE1 LUT1 LAT1 AXV1 TTV1 INC1 SSC1 SST1 GAC1 HHT1 TSV1 IWC1 IWT1 ABV1 BAC1 BBC1 TNV1
    Finished
    EWB2
    WFV1 CLC1MGC1
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    zaxbysauce wrote: »
    Lau's book is all you need. I read it once, did the practice questions, took the test and got a 950ish. It really is a pretty simple test.

Thanks for the response! I'll definitely comb through his book, along with an older Server + Bible book, as I assume most of the legacy information would be relevant and still tested.
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • universalfrostuniversalfrost Member Posts: 247
    read my post on when i passed last month. super easy if you read and understand the kindle ebook from Jonathan..... i did see some MS server based questions on it, but you should be ok other than some subnetting questions as well.
    "Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" (when all else fails play dead) -Red Green