Passed Route, now a CCNP, woohoo!!

pham0329pham0329 Member Posts: 556
Took Route today and passed in the 900s!! I've never been nervous prior to an exam before, but for some reason, I was super nervous for this one. I sat down for the exam, and my hands were literally shaking.

Anyhow, the exam was pretty straight forward, and is probably the hardest of the 3 for the CCNP. Here's what I remember..
  • I definitely over-prepared for BGP, IPv6, PBR...basically anything other than EIGRP/OSPF
  • One sim is glitchy. It's the older style sim, and when I run "show run", it gave me the output one line at a time, meaning the line would replace itself..very annoying
To anyone who's looking to do this exam, I hope you know redistribution!

Comments

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • mattaumattau Member Posts: 218
    awesome stuff! thanks for the insights, i always think its better to be over prepared than under. more knowledge can only be a good thing

• SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Pham,

Damn, you beat me! I was kind of racing you to the CCNP even though you didn't know it.
    Congratulations! Great job. I hope to join you soon.

Go Celebrate!
  • pham0329pham0329 Member Posts: 556
    Ha, you have SWITCH and ROUTE down, that's the hard part. TSHOOT should be a breeze...you'll pass that with flying colors!
  • Version4Version4 Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Congratulations Pham!! You beat me to it lol. I've been back in classes full-time so I can't study nearly as much anymore as I could during the summer. These college classes are a real time suck for my cisco studies. Oh well I will get there eventually!!

So I'm assuming you're continuing on with your studies.. what do you plan on attacking next?
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • ShanmanShanman Member Posts: 223
    MrBrian wrote: »
    Congratulations Pham!! You beat me to it lol. I've been back in classes full-time so I can't study nearly as much anymore as I could during the summer. These college classes are a real time suck for my cisco studies. Oh well I will get there eventually!!

So I'm assuming you're continuing on with your studies.. what do you plan on attacking next?

I couldn't agree with you more. I am now back in school after getting my CCNA this summer. All I want to do is get more certs and study. School is cramping my style...lol Oh well at least I have my book (network warrior) with me at all times....:)
  • mzbagasramzbagasra Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • pham0329pham0329 Member Posts: 556
    MrBrian wrote: »

You've been studying for ROUTE for a while, and looking at your posts, you know your stuff. Maybe you should give the exam a shot? I'm sure you'll pass, but even if you don't, at least you know where you stand and what you need to focus on!

I want to do everything...and don't know where to start! I want to do CCNA: Voice, Security, CCIP, Citrix, and even SQL. I think I may start off on CCNA: Voice, and get the QOS exam done, which would counts towards both the CCNP: Voice and CCIP, right?
  • VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    Grats Brah icon_thumright.gif
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Awesome man....a very worthy and respected acheivement! I passed ROUTE yesterday as well...that was one hard mutha of an exam.
    Cisco was my first networking love, but my "other" router is a Mikrotik...