One thing I'm certain of after studying for this...

jmritenourjmritenour Member Posts: 565
I NEVER want to be a project manager. I have yet to find a study resource that doesn't put me to sleep. All the acronyms and buzzwords drive me insane.

I'm taking this through WGU, otherwise I wouldn't bother. Does anyone any tips for study material that won't put me in a coma? I mean, I recognize that part of it is the subject matter, but still...
"Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible; suddenly, you are doing the impossible." - St. Francis of Assisi

Comments

• PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I am in exactly the same boat. I scheduled my exam for Friday, and I'm having a hard time studying. It's just way too boring. icon_sad.gif
  • KrisAKrisA Member Posts: 142
    This isn't reassuring. Only reason I am taking it is for WGU as well. Are you just using the resources provided by WGU or have you gone 3rd party?
    WGU Progress BSIT:NA | Current Term:1 | Transfered To-Do In Progress Completed
    EWB2 BAC1 BBC1 TSV1 WFV1 CLC1 LAE1 LUT1 LAT1 AXV1 TTV1 INC1 INT1 TPV1 SST1 SSC1 GAC1 HHT1 TNV1 QLT1 BOV1 LET1 ORC1 IWC1 IWT1 MGC1 ABV1 AHV1 AJV1 TWA1 CPW2 BRV1
    Currently Reading
    Darril Book
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The Sybex PK0-003 guide is the best (and only) guide out there that will get you a pass on Project+ on the first try. It is structured very similarly to Darril Gibson's Security+ book. The addition of the Chaptal Wineries case study also was helpful, to bring home what you're learning thus far.

Unfortunately, the book is boring as all hell and after a couple of pages, I wanted to sleep. Since I bought the Kindle version of it to read on my Kindle device, I used Text-To-Speech and I was able to get through the book. Much of this stuff I already knew. The lines of communications was VERY helpful to learn (it's stupid easy math....)

If you don't have a Kindle or access to Text-To-Speech for this book, you're gonna have to find religion and just push forward to studying this. In life, there are much harder obstacles one must face to reach the end goal. Project+ does not have to be an obstacle.
  • jmritenourjmritenour Member Posts: 565
    I'm trudging through the Sybex book on Books24x7. I would get the Kindle version, but... I can't justify tossing $25 down the drain for this particular cert.

It IS a lot better than the book WGU recommends, both in terms of completeness, and readability. That's not saying much, but at least it's a quick read.
    "Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible; suddenly, you are doing the impossible." - St. Francis of Assisi
  • demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • echo465echo465 Banned Posts: 115
    jmritenour wrote: »
    I'm trudging through the Sybex book on Books24x7. I would get the Kindle version, but... I can't justify tossing $25 down the drain for this particular cert.

It IS a lot better than the book WGU recommends, both in terms of completeness, and readability. That's not saying much, but at least it's a quick read.
    You're not tossing $25 down the drain for the cert, you're spending $25 to get past an obsticle and get your degree.

(That's what helped me with BOV1, anyway).
    echo465 wrote: »
    You're not tossing $25 down the drain for the cert, you're spending $25 to get past an obsticle and get your degree.

(That's what helped me with BOV1, anyway).

BOV1.... please, I never want to see that combination of letters and numbers again in my life.
    And that's done and over with. I passed with an 839 today. Really, if you use common sense, and memorize a fair amount of the corporate jargon, you'll be fine.