Options

CCENT Scheduled for 11/22

jude56gjude56g Member Posts: 107 ■■■□□□□□□□
I think I'm ready to take the test today, but this was the testing center's first available appointment. Wish me luck! icon_lol.gif

Comments

• Options
    alliasneoalliasneo Member Posts: 186
    good luck. How long have u been studying for it? I just passed a couple of weeks ago. I'm working towards my CCNA now. Is that the plan?
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Jude56g,

Good luck. You still have a week. Keep reviewing.

Man I hate those last few days where you just want to do it and get it over with. I am going through that right now myself.
  • Options
    alliasneo wrote: »
    good luck. How long have u been studying for it? I just passed a couple of weeks ago. I'm working towards my CCNA now. Is that the plan?

I have been in the industry for a few years now, and I work with Cisco every day, but I don't plan to leave anything to chance. My employer only reimburses exam fees if you pass!

I started studying seriously in the beginning of October shortly after I passed the Alcatel-Lucent NRS1 exam. I re-read Odom's book and watched all of the CBT Nuggets. I have been using the Boson exam sim that came with the Odom book and have been scoring well. I built a lab with 3 routers and a switch, and I have been practicing labs folks have posted on here recently.

I really wish I could take it today.. On the bright side I have 7 more days to review my flash cards, take more practice exams, and play around in the LAB.

My plans are to roll right into the ICND2 material. I would like to test shortly after the first of the year if I don't get derailed by the holidays.

icon_study.gif
  • Options
    SharkDiver wrote: »
    Jude56g,

Good luck. You still have a week. Keep reviewing.

Man I hate those last few days where you just want to do it and get it over with. I am going through that right now myself.

Thanks. I know what you mean, I see from your tag that your taking T-Shoot in a few days. Good luck with that. A buddy of mine passed that while he was at Cisco Live a few months ago, he tells me the Boson exams were more challenging than the real thing- so like everything in life, if your well prepared you should do fine. icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    jude56g,
    I hope you are right about the Boson exams. I think they are a breeze. I'm not sure how it could be easier. :D
  • Options
    WayneWWayneW Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck. Definitely know your show commands, and the operations of osi model like the back of your hand.
  • Options
    hfbonurahfbonura Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck! Just passed the CCENT today. Unlike Microsoft exams, I feel the questions were extremely reflective of the material covered in the Cisco ICND1 book and DVD. Don't screw up like I did today when answering a 4 question simulation. After answering the first question, I hit NEXT at the bottom of the window instead of the next simulation question and it threw me to the question after the simulation. After you hit NEXT, there's no going back.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63