Passed the CCENT today!

hfbonurahfbonura Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed the CCENT exam today with a 874 score. I would have scored higher but I screwed up a router/switch configuration simulation when I inadvertently hit NEXT at the right hand bottom of the window after answering the first of 4 questions. There was even a confirmation window that came up that I clicked OK so I only have my ignorance to blame. But at least I passed. I have Boson EXSim, the CCNA Network Simulator, and of course, the Cisco ICND1 book and DVD to thank for this accomplishment. Taking a few days off and then it's time for the ICND2 material. Yee hah!

Comments

• altjxaltjx Member Posts: 194
    Congrats on the pass!
    CompTIA: A+, Security+, Network+
    Microsoft: MCTS: Windows 7, Configuring, MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure, Configuring
    Cisco: CCENT, CCNA
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!!!

I had the exact same thing happen to me on either CCENT or CCNA. It was a 5 part switch question and I hit the wrong next button after the first question and went straight to the next question, not to the next part of the 5 part question. I do not remember getting a warning/confirmation screen.

I passed the exam with an 890, but my percentage on switch questions was way lower than the rest of my scores.

Anyways, Congratulations and good luck on the CCNA.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • BlackoutBlackout Member Posts: 512 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    Current Certification Path: CCNA, CCNP Security, CCDA, CCIE Security

"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect"

Vincent Thomas "Vince" Lombardi
  • hfbonurahfbonura Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    SharkDiver wrote: »
    Congratulations!!!

I had the exact same thing happen to me on either CCENT or CCNA. It was a 5 part switch question and I hit the wrong next button after the first question and went straight to the next question, not to the next part of the 5 part question. I do not remember getting a warning/confirmation screen.

I passed the exam with an 890, but my percentage on switch questions was way lower than the rest of my scores.

Anyways, Congratulations and good luck on the CCNA.

Well, at least I don't feel alone now. After my mess up, it really distracted my concentration on the next questions because I thought the attempt could be a futile effort. Fortunately, I scored high enough in the other modules to overcome my blunder. It did bring my performance in that module down to 60%, though.
  • wilsonianwilsonian Registered Users Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well done on passing :)
  • IEWANNABEIEWANNABE Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and good luck on your next exam! icon_thumright.gif
  • THA_DOCTHA_DOC Member Posts: 99 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrat!
    An Open Mind, Working to Get IT!:cheers:

DOC
  • Ken217aKen217a Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    Congratulations!
    Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014
  • instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    Congrats!
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on passing!
  • seansabianseansabian Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
    ~ Sean
  • AmjoAmjo Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats
    In Progress: MCTS Network Infa
    Next: MCTS SA toward MCITP SA