Finally!!!

535irob535irob Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
I got my CCNA on the second try! after failing the ICND2 I started doubling back on what I felt were my weak topics with good results.

I was getting bummed for a bit but getting this cert helped keep me in the game :)

Comments

• alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Greenmet29Greenmet29 Member Posts: 240
    Congrats! I'm getting ready for my first attempt... any pointers?
  • tomaifauchaitomaifauchai Member Posts: 301 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!
    Keep going with the momentum.
  • 535irob535irob Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am moving to CCNA - Voice. We use Call Manager/Unity where I work so it is relevant to my job. After that I am thinking of CCNP then CCNP - voice...

Pointers - well as most I was a bit slow on the subnetting and VLSM, that is what bit my but the first time. I just ran out of time. so After talking with a CCIE - Voice written friend he gave me this little chart:
    128   192   224   240   248   252   254  255
    128    64   32    16     8     4    2    1
    25     26   27    28    29    30    31   32

How to build:

128 64 32 16 8 4 2 1

128 192 (Because 128+64 is 192)
    128 64 32 16 8 4 2 1

128 192 224 (Because 192+32=224)
    128 64 32 16 8 4 2 1

etc...

then just remember the network = -2 for the network and broadcast.

If they give you a 192.168.1.45/27 if you look above it takes seconds to see the network is 192.168.1.0-31, 192.168.1.32-63 (Ding Ding, it falls in here), 192.168.1.64-95, etc. etc.
  • altjxaltjx Member Posts: 194
    Congrats man! I'm getting ready to take CCNA in about a week or two. This Boson practice exam is making me feel like I need another year, but any other practice test I take I feel pretty confident. But then again, this Boson practice test was harder than the ICND1, so who knows..
    CompTIA: A+, Security+, Network+
    Microsoft: MCTS: Windows 7, Configuring, MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure, Configuring
    Cisco: CCENT, CCNA
  • IEWANNABEIEWANNABE Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!

For altjx, are you using the Boson sim as well? Am thinking about buying it.
  • j-manj-man Member Posts: 143
    IEWANNABE wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass!

For altjx, are you using the Boson sim as well? Am thinking about buying it.

Yup. It's part of my studies. The Boson sim seems so much tougher than the exam though, at least for ICND1. I haven't heard of anyone else yet giving any feedback on how this is for the ICND2. There's a few other things I'm using too (CBT Nuggets, ICND2 Official book, some college experience)
    Microsoft: MCTS: Windows 7, Configuring, MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure, Configuring
  • IEWANNABEIEWANNABE Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    altjx wrote: »
    Yup. It's part of my studies. The Boson sim seems so much tougher than the exam though, at least for ICND1. I haven't heard of anyone else yet giving any feedback on how this is for the ICND2. There's a few other things I'm using too (CBT Nuggets, ICND2 Official book, some college experience)

Sounds like the Bosun sim will really have you in shape for the exam. I'll put that on my "To buy" list. I do have the cbt nuggets vids, as well as reading CCNA for Dummies. Thanks!
    IEWANNABE wrote: »
    Sounds like the Bosun sim will really have you in shape for the exam. I'll put that on my "To buy" list. I do have the cbt nuggets vids, as well as reading CCNA for Dummies. Thanks!

I think it will too, but it's a bit annoying reading so heavily, driving home with STP on my mind, and Boson seems to point out a lot of things that wasn't really stressed too much. No problem man :)
  • techie2012techie2012 Member Posts: 150
    Congrats on the pass!! icon_cheers.gif
    (CCNP: Switch) Passed!
    (CCNP: Route) Goal: 11/15/12 Progress: 75%
    (CCNP: TShoot) Goal: 12/15/12 Progress: ​50%
    (Perl Scripting) Ongoing :study:
  • MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Congrats on your CCNA!!
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    congrats on the pass and good luck with the ccna - voice!
    WIP: IPS exam