Options

Port security in Junos

lrblrb Member Posts: 526
Hello chaps,

I have looked everywhere for help on this but I just have not had any luck! Is there a way to do sticky mac address learning with port security in Junos? I'm hooking up a bunch of linux servers with bonded interfaces to an EX4200 and would prefer to use the sticky learning with a MAC address limit on each port set to 1 rather than typing in each one (if I was a contracter I might say different icon_wink.gif). Anyone know if this is possible? The swithces are running release 10.4 if that helps.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    unclericounclerico Member Posts: 237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I haven't been able to find that feature. I know a while back I was searching for product enhancements for such things as this feature as well as making their interface-range command behave more like Cisco and it sounded like these were going to be put into 11.x but it doesnt look good...I hate the way they have implemented some of these "features" but man do I love their gear...
    Preparing for CCIE Written
  • Options
    Ryan82Ryan82 Member Posts: 428
    Yeah I couldn't find anything either, looks like you are stuck hardcoding it. What an administrative headache. I haven't dealt with Juniper switches, only routers. Overall I still really like Juniper and find that I say "Cisco should be doing this" a lot more than I say the other way around.
  • Options
    Ah well, thanks for trying guys. It's more annoying than anything else, but I've got a heap of the switches done today at work ready for deployment later this week.

Before these switches arrived, I've only really touched SRX and J series devices... and boy do I love how Junos does security policies!
  • Options
    buzzkilbuzzkil Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Mac limiting can be done on the EX switches.

set ethernet-switching-options secure-access-port <interface> mac-limit <number> action <drop, log, none, shutdown>

Think that's what you're looking for at least..
  • Options
    unclericounclerico Member Posts: 237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The OP is looking for the ability to dynamically make MAC addresses sticky as opposed to having to manually enter them.
    Preparing for CCIE Written
  • Options
    buzzkilbuzzkil Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Ryan82Ryan82 Member Posts: 428
    Nice! Thanks for the update
  • Options
    buzzkil wrote: »

Oh that is great news! Thanks so much mate
  • Options
    SajanCKSajanCK Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□