TSHOOT Exam Topology question

nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I know Cisco gives you the topology prior to the exam but i was wondering if it is possible to either

1) take a copy of the topology in with you on paper
Or
2) do you have time to note down the topology whilst the exam clock IS NOT counting down? This could be either by copying it from paper before you go in the test centre or viewing the exam topology whilst sitting at your pc before the exam starts.

I know they give you access to the topology in the exams but the screens in these places are woeful for multiple windows. I doubt i can do either of the above and it will probably eat into my exam time but was just wondering if anyone could shed any light as i doubt this breaks the NDA.

Thanks
Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
WIP: Msc advanced networking

Comments

• DPGDPG Member Posts: 780 ■■■■■□□□□□
    1. No
    2. No

Don't sweat this exam. It is easy if you have retained the knowledge from SWITCH and ROUTE.
  • Ryan82Ryan82 Member Posts: 428
    Agreed, I wouldn't stress it too much. If you have experience troubleshooting network connectivity issues and you remember most of the material from your ROUTE and SWITCH studies you shouldn't have any problems.

My biggest advice is to pay attention to the details. This seems to be what they hit you up on the most, i.e. a static route pointing out the wrong interface or an AS number of 35 is configured when it should be 53. Also remember that you can bounce around between tickets. If you can't figure out a ticket in 5 minutes, I would move on to the next one and come back.

Good luck
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hey guys,

nah im not sweating for the exam tbh. It seems like one where you either do well or bomb. My biggest concern is that i struggle to flip between topologies and output screens in sims comfortably on the small screens. Thats why i thought i would note down the topology to save flicking between topologies.

Im quite looking forward to this one actually :) it'll be interesting!

• SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    nel,

I agree with the above posts. If you know your SWITCH and ROUTE materials, you can ace the TSHOOT.

However, your concerns over the screens are valid. I had problems several times getting the correct screen open in such a way that I could still see the topology drawing behind it. That part was a pain. It would be nice to have them give you a paper copy on your way in, but they are not going to.

I took the first minute or two to draw up a map on the whiteboard they give you. It was only a map of the important IP addresses to ping, but it helped greatly.

Good luck.
    SharkDiver wrote: »
    nel,

I agree with the above posts. If you know your SWITCH and ROUTE materials, you can ace the TSHOOT.

However, your concerns over the screens are valid. I had problems several times getting the correct screen open in such a way that I could still see the topology drawing behind it. That part was a pain. It would be nice to have them give you a paper copy on your way in, but they are not going to.

I took the first minute or two to draw up a map on the whiteboard they give you. It was only a map of the important IP addresses to ping, but it helped greatly.

Good luck.

yeah i think im going to devote 5 mins or so drawing them out on the boards. i'll just ask for a few extra more. now i just need to pull my finger out and go for it. but first i have a trip to london to install some ASRs :)

• fellonfellon Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    No need to draw. partial diagram is highlighted in each question.
    fellon wrote: »
    No need to draw. partial diagram is highlighted in each question.

no i did end up drawing the diagrams out on the whiteboards. One of the best moves imo for the exam.

• tomaifauchaitomaifauchai Member Posts: 301 ■■■□□□□□□□
    They should install two screens for the exams so when you're doing a lab, you don't need that windows manipulation extra skill :P