Options

Nuked Nuts?

BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□

Comments

• Options
    cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Dang. If they are dead, great. I would be most concerned with the little guys with DNA damage. What would that do to a resulting child? Something to think about if you are planning to have some children.
  • Options
    IEWANNABEIEWANNABE Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    HA! No problem here, I'm happy with my 1!
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Dang. If they are dead, great. I would be most concerned with the little guys with DNA damage. What would that do to a resulting child? Something to think about if you are planning to have some children.

Child will be born with the ability to fire optic blasts out of their eyes, or have an adamantium covered skeleton with claws, or have telekenisis.
  • Options
    apr911apr911 Member Posts: 380 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ummm really? This passes for science? Just a few things that just seem wrong about this experiment:

A. Placing the sperm under the laptop and pressing download will cause the laptop to heat up due to radio transmission, CPU usage, HDD usage, etc. Heat is already a proven killer of sperm which like the temperature just right...

B. It was my understanding sperm could survive inside of the human body (both male and female) for only a from anywhere from a few days (female) to 1-2 weeks (male) for only a few hours so 4 hours later and they're dead? Sounds about right (yes they did have a control in which 10% more sperm survived but see the above about heat. Room-temperature != spot temperature)

C. The low levels of radiation emitted by electronic devices generally are not strong enough to penetrate the skin and wreak havoc on the internal organs. This "experiment" if you could call it that, directly exposes the sperm to the low levels of radiation without any thoughts to the natural barriers of the human body designed to protect sperm form exactly this type of radiation.

D. Even if the laptop does nuke sperm, the male body produces more everyday so its not like females where you are born with a fixed amount of sperm (even women wont use all the eggs their born with in a lifetime)...

So while yes, I tend to avoid placing my laptop in my lap without some type of pad between my lap and the computer, it has more to do with it being uncomfortable than me being worried about what it may or more likely, may not, be doing to my sperm...

Wow that was entirely not where I inteded to go with this but oh well
    Currently Working On: Openstack
    2020 Goals: AWS/Azure/GCP Certifications, F5 CSE Cloud, SCRUM, CISSP-ISSMP
  • Options
    ComputadoraComputadora Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Considering its the Holiday Season, I thought this would be appropriate. icon_lol.gif

Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire By Michael Buble - YouTube