Options

Passed ICND2 today!

CingularCingular Member Posts: 81 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey guys.

Just thought I'd quickly jump on here and share this all with you! After 2 months of solid studying and rejecting every social event invitation...I gotta say, it's time for a beer!

My study material/methods were:

- Train Signal ICND2 Series, Chris Bryant...solid video series, really in-depth!
- ICND2 CCNA Official Exam Certification Guide 2nd Edition by Wendell Odom
- Boson ICND2 Practice Exams
- Cisco Packet Tracer 5.3

Loved using Packet Tracer for most of the labbing work. However, for any Frame-Relay simulation I'd go for GNS3...FR on Packet Tracer is a joke, at least I thought so.

Cheers!
cissp, pcnse, ccnp, ccnp security, nse4
---

"It's too bad she won't live. But then again, who does?" - Gaff 

Comments

• Options
    jude56gjude56g Member Posts: 107 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations, we all know its no easy task. What are your next steps?
  • Options
    MrRyteMrRyte Member Posts: 347 ■■■■□□□□□□
    icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif

CONGRATZ CINGULAR!!!! icon_thumright.gif
    NEXT UP: CompTIA Security+ :study:

Life is a matter of choice not chance. The path to your destiny will be paved by the decisions that you make every day.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats! Way to go!
  • Options
    altjxaltjx Member Posts: 194
    Congrats man!! I had to pause my CBT Nuggets for CCNA video to reply to this thread. I'm excited to hear this.

I'm taking ICND2 next Wednesday. Do you mind sharing some experiences you had regarding the simulations? What were your sims like?
    CompTIA: A+, Security+, Network+
    Microsoft: MCTS: Windows 7, Configuring, MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure, Configuring
    Cisco: CCENT, CCNA
  • Options
    seansabianseansabian Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Cingular! You earned a beer!
    ~ Sean
  • Options
    Thanks' everyone!! :D
    jude56g wrote: »
    Congratulations, we all know its no easy task. What are your next steps?

Cheers mate! Next up I'm going to knock out the CCNA:S then after that, start on CCNP: R&S

I am intrigued by VoIP though as well, that can get you a lot of $$$ and it's only going to become more popular with businesses, so there's plenty of work there! But for now...CCNA:S and CCNP will do ;)
    altjx wrote: »
    Congrats man!! I had to pause my CBT Nuggets for CCNA video to reply to this thread. I'm excited to hear this.

I'm taking ICND2 next Wednesday. Do you mind sharing some experiences you had regarding the simulations? What were your sims like?

Haha, without giving too much away; the simulations were pretty straight forward, they explain everything clearly in the instructions and basically leave it all up to you...so if you know your stuff, you'll be fine.

I can also say that time limit is a damn killer...watch out of it!
    ---

• Options
    Cingular wrote: »
    Thanks' everyone!! :D

Cheers mate! Next up I'm going to knock out the CCNA:S then after that, start on CCNP: R&S

I am intrigued by VoIP though as well, that can get you a lot of $$$ and it's only going to become more popular with businesses, so there's plenty of work there! But for now...CCNA:S and CCNP will do ;)

Haha, without giving too much away; the simulations were pretty straight forward, they explain everything clearly in the instructions and basically leave it all up to you...so if you know your stuff, you'll be fine.

I can also say that time limit is a damn killer...watch out of it!

Lol, well did you have any sims regarding NAT?
    Microsoft: MCTS: Windows 7, Configuring, MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure, Configuring
  • Options
    altjx wrote: »
    Lol, well did you have any sims regarding NAT?

Nope, none.

Good luck in your study!
    ---

• Options
    Cingular wrote: »
    Nope, none.

Good luck in your study!

What!?! Seriously? /reschedules for tomorrow

Nah, jk. Thanks man!