Dress Code for the CISSP exam?

pinkydapimppinkydapimp Member Posts: 732 ■■■■■□□□□□
All,

quick question. Is there a dress code for when i am taking the CISSP exam? Ideally, i would love to be comfortable and wear jeans and a hooded sweatshirt. I was curious if there was any particular dress code that i may need to adhere to.

thanks.

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Jeans and a hoodie with proper hygiene are fine. Take bottled water and a couple of bananas with you (they are much quieter to eat than granola bars). You will be in a room for several hours with a lot of anxious and worried people, so you might as well be comfortable. ;) And good luck!
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    JDMurray wrote: »
    Jeans and a hoodie with proper hygiene are fine. Take bottled water and a couple of bananas with you (they are much quieter to eat than granola bars). You will be in a room for several hours with a lot of anxious and worried people, so you might as well be comfortable. ;) And good luck!

I agree. I think the email said "business casual" but I saw several people in suits for some reason (I guess its different for everyone). I personally went in with a dress shirt and tie but I wasn't surprised to see hoodies and jeans. Just make sure its not that one hoodie, deep down we can all attest to this in some form, that has holes in it or looks like a beat up carpet icon_lol.gif.

Let us know your reaction post it!
  • 7 VII 77 VII 7 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just go in jeans and a polo. Dont look like a bum. That includes hoodie and hats. Bring a jacket in case it is cold in there.

I bought water, 5 hour energy, PB&J, banana and a cliff bar and that was perfect.
  • jmritenourjmritenour Member Posts: 565
    My confirmation email said business casual, and I saw everything from people in sweats/track pants to suit & ties. I myself wore dockers & a sweater.
    "Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible; suddenly, you are doing the impossible." - St. Francis of Assisi
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    jmritenour wrote: »
    My confirmation email said business casual, and I saw everything from people in sweats/track pants to suit & ties. I myself wore dockers & a sweater.
    Yeah, the two (ISC)2 exams I was in it was definitely "casual Friday" business casual. It might have had something to do with both exams being on a Saturday too.
  • pinkydapimppinkydapimp Member Posts: 732 ■■■■■□□□□□
    jeans and a button up was pretty much the standard today during my test. i wish i could have worm sweats and a hoodie though because it was FREEZING!!
  • Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    I took a heavy sweater because the testing location was COLD! And I hate being cold, I much rather prefer being hot than cold. But I saw all different dynamics of clothing while CISSP testing. Just make sure you are comfortable.
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
    content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)
  • swildswild Member Posts: 828
    My proctor wouldn't allow hats or hoodies. I wore khakis and a button down shirt.