Options

Just passed CEHv7

drumrolfedrumrolfe Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
I just passed!!!!

I used Matt Walker's CEH All-in-one. Best read in a certification guide I've ever come across, but it leaves some detail on some topics out.

Comments

• Options
    coty24coty24 Member Posts: 263 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Was that your only resource?
    Passed LOT2 :)Working on FMV2(CHFI v8 ) Done!
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass.
  • Options
    coty24 wrote: »
    Was that your only resource?
    No. I also used LearnKey videos and labs.
  • Options
    Thanks alot man, and congrats again! Also from your certs/knowledge, did you have to tap into some of those skill sets or just from book study. Sorry for all of the questions, I'm just so exited to study/test and live out my dream. Thanks again!
  • Options
    coty24 wrote: »
    Thanks alot man, and congrats again! Also from your certs/knowledge, did you have to tap into some of those skill sets or just from book study. Sorry for all of the questions, I'm just so exited to study/test and live out my dream. Thanks again!

A little bit. The OSI model, three way handshake, IPSec, MitM attacks, and malware types were all covered in my previous certifications (these can be found in the domains listed on EC-councils website).

It was a hard test, but most of it came down to obscure questions or bad grammar; finding the intended meaning to a question on this exam proved difficult in some spots. Study hard and be prepared, actually using the tools is crucial to understanding some of the questions.
  • Options
    instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    drumrolfe wrote: »
    I just passed!!!!

I used Matt Walker's CEH All-in-one. Best read in a certification guide I've ever come across, but it leaves some detail on some topics out.

Congrats!

I actually bought this book since you said you were using it. Kinda disappointing that you're saying it doesn't cover all the objectives thoroughly enough.
    I also used LearnKey videos and labs.

Are you saying that you labbed the same labs that come with the LearnKey videos (through WGU, the ones from onlineexpert.com)? Or did you do the labs that came along with the AiO guide?
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    You gotta update your sig man!

Thank you for answering my question, I will tailor my studying accordingly
  • Options
    I did the labs with learnkey (they are a joke) and I labbed on my own. Set up a VM environment with a few machines. Open up some ports, practice scanning, practice using netcat, and hack a wireless or two (with permission).
    instant000 wrote: »
    Congrats!

I actually bought this book since you said you were using it. Kinda disappointing that you're saying it doesn't cover all the objectives thoroughly enough.

Are you saying that you labbed the same labs that come with the LearnKey videos (through WGU, the ones from onlineexpert.com)? Or did you do the labs that came along with the AiO guide?