Practice laboratoy

pavlitopavlito Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Guys help

Does anyone know if there is software that allows it to virtually every segment of the exercise related to MCSA (in detail). In particular i need to start Windows xp.

I got test out, but I think that the software does not cover full material details related to Windows xp.

Also I own a Microsoft book but i need practical knowledge.

Thanx

Comments

• celtic_tigerceltic_tiger Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Have you looked at microsoft virtual pc and virtualbox? this way you can have server 2003 on 1 virtual machne and xp on the other, you can set them up in their own virtual lan and do a lot of networking in that lab without trashing you own system or multibooting etc. you should have the OS evaluation software on the books discs and virtual box and ms vpc are free downloads incredibly.
  • ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I can't recommend VirtualBox enough, but you do have to setup the labs on your own. Microsoft has virtual labs on Technet for Windows Vista, 7, Server 2008 and 2008 R2, but not any pre-Vista products, to my knowledge.

I do have to recommend against taking the XP exam, 70-270. The Windows 7 exam (70-680) counts equally towards MCSA, but also counts towards several MCITP tracks and is an MCTS certification in its own right. XP mainstream support ends in 2014, and the material tested on 70-270 is largely irrelevant in today's world -- yes, XP is still very common, but the knowledge tested on 70-270 is not "everyday" XP knowledge. The 70-270 exam is also extraordinarily difficult -- it's the hardest certification exam I've ever taken.
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    ptilsen wrote: »
    I do have to recommend against taking the XP exam, 70-270. The Windows 7 exam (70-680) counts equally towards MCSA, but also counts towards several MCITP tracks and is an MCTS certification in its own right. XP mainstream support ends in 2014, and the material tested on 70-270 is largely irrelevant in today's world -- yes, XP is still very common, but the knowledge tested on 70-270 is not "everyday" XP knowledge.

I was wondering the same. OP, is there any specific reason why you looked into 70-270 instead of 70-680?