N10-004 vs. N10-005

LenniusceLenniusce Member Posts: 114 ■■■■□□□□□□
  1. Has anyone taken one and then bridged to the second?
  2. Any word on the difficulty or difference between the two? I checked the exam objectives but a lot of it looks like reorganization.
  3. What can you guys see that they got rid of or added to the 005?
In Progress: CCNA:DEVNET or CISSP Done: PMP | A+ | N+ | S+ | L+ | P+ | MCSA 2016 | CCNA | CCNA:S(exp) | LPIC1(exp) | MBA IT Management | MS Information Systems

Comments

• charlesc09charlesc09 Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm not sure. I honestly don't think its that much different. I check both objectives. There is a little more emphasis on Security. 19% compare to only 11% with 004. They got rid of Network Tools, not sure if its integrated with another category. They added some new WAN like WiMAX, HSA+, PON, DWDM, SDH, I am not too familiar with those and don't recall studying for them for the 004. They also put in some new terms for network security I am unfamiliar with. War driving, war chalking, Evil twin, etc. But I'm currently studying for security+ now, so perhaps I will learn it anyways.
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I can tell you that in your case, it's not gonna matter which one you do if you have a choice (004 or 005). What matters is you're going to have the Network+ credential. Plus, when you take the Security+ exam and then reup the Security+ (assuming you go into the CE program), once the Security+ is reuped, then A+ and Network+ gets reuped too.

Take the one you feel you can pass...though I usually advise taking the later one, but only if you have good study materials for it.
  • charlesc09charlesc09 Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    erpadmin wrote: »
    I can tell you that in your case, it's not gonna matter which one you do if you have a choice (004 or 005). What matters is you're going to have the Network+ credential. Plus, when you take the Security+ exam and then reup the Security+ (assuming you go into the CE program), once the Security+ is reuped, then A+ and Network+ gets reuped too.

Take the one you feel you can pass...though I usually advise taking the later one, but only if you have good study materials for it.

I realize that too after passing network+, my A+ got re-uped also at a later date. I have actually called in and ask about it. I was just curious do I need to make sure I re-up before expiry. They did tell me if I happen to let them expire, I could also re-enroll in the CEU program and take the highest level cert, and re-up all the lower certs. But another poster on the forum has told me something different otherwise. So I'm still a little in odd with the issue. Ideally, I only want to re-up it when I do need it, 3 years seems kinda short.