Passed 70-659

MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
Passed today with a 950.
Used the recommended sybex book and the training from the Microsoft offer. I also do a lot of testing with ESX and Hyper V. Also did a lot of labbing and researching technet.

I wish there was an official MS Press book.

Not an easy exam, but definitely doable.

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
  • thall860thall860 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass!!

Anything you can recommend studying to someone who will be sitting for it in a month?
    Had all of my WGU courses but too much to keep up on. I am working at it, will let you know when finished.
  • CChilderhoseCChilderhose Member Posts: 137
    Congrats on the pass.
    VCAP-DCA, VCP 55
    MCITP: EA, VA, SA
    VCAP-DCD, VCP6 -- COMING SOON
  • CChilderhoseCChilderhose Member Posts: 137
    thall860 wrote: »
    congrats on the pass!!

Anything you can recommend studying to someone who will be sitting for it in a month?

For studying you should have Hyper-V to play with. You can also use these 2 books -

Mastering Hyper-V Deployment
    Mastering Microsoft Virtualization

I used those plus took a course offered to MS Partners to pass the exams for the VA.
    VCAP-DCA, VCP 55
    MCITP: EA, VA, SA
    VCAP-DCD, VCP6 -- COMING SOON
    I'm taking this test in a couple of weeks. A couple of more resources I'm using:

- Microsoft Virtual Academy - Free Microsoft Cloud Technologies Training
    - For those registered as Microsoft Partners there's a lot of Hyper-V video training for free. Check courses 10936 through 10940
    - Amazon.com: Mastering Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R2
    - Check Aidan Finn's blog. There's really good stuff about Hyper-V and SCVMM
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • MrBretonMrBreton Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've been practicing with Hyper-V Manager and VMM 2008 and soon VMM2012 (as soon as I can get it working).

Do I need experience with Citrix XenDesktop for the test?
    MrBreton wrote: »
    I've been practicing with Hyper-V Manager and VMM 2008 and soon VMM2012 (as soon as I can get it working).

Do I need experience with Citrix XenDesktop for the test?

Where do you get the idea you may need Citrix? The objectives only mention VMware, and just from a management perspective.
  • MrBretonMrBreton Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Where do you get the idea you may need Citrix? The objectives only mention VMware, and just from a management perspective.

The VDI videos on the Microsoft Virtual Academy site keep mentioning it.
    Edit: Plus all the time they spend on the V-Alliance.
  • sveigassveigas Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello All,

I would really appreciate if someone can give me the best suggestion.

I'm planning to encounter 70-659 and deadly confused to begin with the study material.I was actually planning for 70-652 but my bad luck , the exam was already retired.

Well now i got three books in my hand and help me to proceed.. PLease..

1.Mastering MS virtualization.
    2.Windows Server 2008 Hyper-v Resource kit.
    3.70-652, Configuring Windows server virtualization.

Pleas help me to select the right book for 70-659.