Is CCNP Necessary Before CCVP (CCNP VOICE)

grizzlyboregrizzlybore Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello Techexams, I recently completed my CCNA certification and now predictably wish to continue with further certification. Now to cut a long story short, i intend to be certified in cisco voice, but has been advised to first get the CCNP as it would make the CCNP voice easier. I've looked at the content of both exams and due to the marked difference in content, i feel it would be sort of wasting time to get the CCNP first. I also considered CCNA voice but then again i was advised to "cut to the chase". Is this all a case of bad advice? Pls i need advice!! and promptly too. Thanks

Comments

• shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    CCNP will not making CCNP Voice Certification easier.

CCNP will make Work life in Voice easier
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You will however need the ccna voice first as it's a prerequisite.
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
  • Kelvin WangKelvin Wang Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    shodown wrote: »
    CCNP will not making CCNP Voice Certification easier.

CCNP will make Work life in Voice easier

Hi i happened to hear from someone that the voice track is much valuable than compared to other track. Any comments?
    I think that time has come already. If I was looking for the next thing it would be around Data Center technology as in nexus switching and the other vendors like Brocade, and Netapp. I took the nexus courses, but its not my cup of tea, but people enjoy it.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • tokhsstokhss Member Posts: 473
    I agree with Shodown.. however, till this day i see voice jobs (if you can land one without experience) still in demand.. for those who have voice experience betwee 2-5 years.. the demand is still there.. i am constantly getting hit up for jobs between 80-130k .. however, i dont have the experience and nobody wants to give it unelss u wanna come in dirt cheap and live like a bum..

i Just quit my current job b/c trying to get into our Tier 3 voice team turned out to be a political debate among dumb shits.. so now i will be starting for a small firm and will get up to speed on nexus gear and content filtering.

My voice dreams just took a ****. lol but on the bright side, im getting server, security training =)

and to answer your question, I would say yes but only by a little.. the voice path doesn't require you to know hardcore switching/routing.
    @Tohkss sorry to hear that. You put mad work into learning Voice sad to see what happened to you. Keep looking around Im' sure you can find something it may just be outta your area. I"m running into the same roadblocks. I already know how to Design networks which I've done, but have only done Voice on a support role and Companies still give me the run around. But I did run into a few VOIP jobs, so I"m sure you can.
    Currently Reading

• tokhsstokhss Member Posts: 473
    yeah most of those jobs require out of state relocation.. just not the deal for me right now.. sucks but hey, i can say i KNEW IT lol =)