Options

.net framework on Windows 7 64 bit

MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
I have an employee that we just got a new PC. He had a program he was using on XP. We just tried to install it. Looks like I need .net framework 1.0 (not 1.1) in order for it to work.

I can't seem to find a version of 1.0 frame work for 64 bit. Does anyone have a programs that I can use in order to get it to work?
2017 Certification Goals:
CCNP R/S

Comments

• Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    MAC_Addy wrote: »
    I have an employee that we just got a new PC. He had a program he was using on XP. We just tried to install it. Looks like I need .net framework 1.0 (not 1.1) in order for it to work.

I can't seem to find a version of 1.0 frame work for 64 bit. Does anyone have a programs that I can use in order to get it to work?

Can he run it in windows xp mode?
  • Options

I tried both of those already before I posted on here. The program actually calls for framework 1.0 AND 1.1.
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    Can he run it in windows xp mode?

I'm trying this right now. I haven't used virtual pc in a while.
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    It's nothing crazy. less options than vmware by far so it should be ez for him to understand.
  • Options
    WafflesAndRootbeerWafflesAndRootbeer Member Posts: 555
    MAC_Addy wrote: »

1.0 was replaced by 1.1 (for the purposes of compatibility with Windows Vista and it's descendents) so you should not need to install 1.0 for any reason at all but if you use a 32-bit version of Windows 7 or Vista, you should be able to run whatever it was he was using though it might be better to just find a more up-to-date version of the program.