Practice Test Suggestions

chininochinino Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi gang,

I am planning on taking my VCP 410 test in 2 months, and was wondering if any of you has recommendations on what practice exams to use?

thanks in advance.
My 2014 Goals:

MCSA Windows Server 2012: 70-410 [ ] 70-411 [ ] 70-412 [ ]
VMware Certified Associate-Data Center Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
CompTIA Storage+: SGO-001 [ ]

Comments

• ZentraediZentraedi Member Posts: 150
    I haven't come across any that were decent for VCP4.

Usually, I go with SelfTestSoftware since their Microsoft exams are usually very good and often harder than the actual exam. Their VCP4 product though was absolute garbage, both in terms of missing the mark on exam content and the actual writing.

I also purchased the uCertify pack for VCP4. Those were OK, but you could still do very well on those and fail the actual exam.

If you can afford it, the best option might be to just take the exam and fail, but keep track of the scope and your weak areas. Then, take a few weeks to pour over the VMware whitepapers, especially in your weak areas. Also, definitely read and re-read the topics that are pretty difficult to do in home lab like FT, MSCS, FC stuff and A/A, A/P SANs.
    Current Study Track
    EMCCA, EMCCAe, EMCCE, VCIX-NV, Puppet Practitioner, ServiceNow
  • dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Any particular reason you're taking VCP 410 vs. 510? As for passing 410, know the config maximums and be familiar with GUI commands. Check out http://www.simonlong.co.uk/blog/vcp5-practice-exams/ for some practice exams.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • chininochinino Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks, Zentraedi
    My 2014 Goals:

dave330i,

The reason is that I took the VCP 4 class. Don't know if it will count towards VCP 5.
    My 2014 Goals:

• scott28ttscott28tt Member Posts: 686 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Your vSphere course does only qualify you for VCP4, but if you can pass VCP4 and VCP5 exams before the end of February you will be awarded both certifications with no additional training requirement. If you only pass the VCP4 exam you will be required to attend the What's New training for vSphere 5 to qualify for VCP5 certification.

There are VCP4 and VCP5 study posts on my blog, along with lots of other related posts: VMware Training and Certification

Scott.
    VCP2 / VCP3 / VCP4 / VCP5 / VCAP4-DCA / VCI / vExpert 2010-2012
    Blog - http://vmwaretraining.blogspot.com
    Twitter - http://twitter.com/vmtraining
    Email - vmtraining.blog@gmail.com
    Thanks, Scott.
    My 2014 Goals:

• jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    What I did for practise questions is, I bought a test engine software which you can use to create your own exam questions. Then I read through the official documentation and created my own questions when I read something "I" would put into an exam. The easiest bit was obviously Maximums etc.

It is a lot of work - but worth it - by just writing them down you learn a lot - not to mention revising ...
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,665 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If you do pass the VCP4 and cannot get to the VCP5 until after February, CCCT&I offers the What's New course for vSphere 5 online for $500. No sense in spending all of that money on a more expensive course.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
  • powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,665 ■■■■■■■■□□
    jibbajabba wrote: »
    What I did for practise questions is, I bought a test engine software which you can use to create your own exam questions. Then I read through the official documentation and created my own questions when I read something "I" would put into an exam. The easiest bit was obviously Maximums etc.

It is a lot of work - but worth it - by just writing them down you learn a lot - not to mention revising ...

If someone has the time to do that, it is probably the best way to go... you will retain so much just going through the motions of creating the questions, let alone practicing afterwards.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
    powerfool wrote: »
    If someone has the time to do that, it is probably the best way to go... you will retain so much just going through the motions of creating the questions, let alone practicing afterwards.

Studying takes time one way or another anyway :)

I even bought a 20 buck printer ones to print a handful of flashcards etc. ... also a way ...
    jibbajabba wrote: »

Excellent suggestion, jibbajabba...was this done using VisualCertExam?
    My 2014 Goals:

chinino wrote: »
    Excellent suggestion, jibbajabba...was this done using VisualCertExam?

I have used EasyTestMaker at first but then our company purchased a license for VisualCertExam which I used at a later stage as they have implemented a VCE server.
    I just got VCE as well, and started doing the Maximums. Thanks again, jibbajabba.
    My 2014 Goals: