How long did it take?

LenniusceLenniusce Member Posts: 114 ■■■■□□□□□□
If I have experience using GUI linux (Gnome, KDE) and want to study for the linux+, how long would this take, normally? I'm not looking for "well, that depends on YOU" even if that may be the case, but I'm rather looking for a rough estimate of how long one should study for this exam. I already have A+, N+, S+ and those didnt take me but a month or less each.
In Progress: CCNA:DEVNET or CISSP Done: PMP | A+ | N+ | S+ | L+ | P+ | MCSA 2016 | CCNA | CCNA:S(exp) | LPIC1(exp) | MBA IT Management | MS Information Systems

Comments

• SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    It shouldn't take you all too long if you have prior Linux experience. Since the exams have been ramped up to be compatible with LPIC-1, I'd imagine the cert is no easier to obtain than it was when I took it back in 2006. I spent about a month crunching from zero *NIX knowledge to passing, with about 2 hours of studying a day five days a week, to pass the single exam. To be safe, I'd say about 3 - 4 weeks per exam if you maintain a schedule of a couple of hours a night to study.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Slowhand wrote: »
    It shouldn't take you all too long if you have prior Linux experience. Since the exams have been ramped up to be compatible with LPIC-1, I'd imagine the cert is no easier to obtain than it was when I took it back in 2006. I spent about a month crunching from zero *NIX knowledge to passing, with about 2 hours of studying a day five days a week, to pass the single exam. To be safe, I'd say about 3 - 4 weeks per exam if you maintain a schedule of a couple of hours a night to study.

Thanks for the heads up. I have an interest in this certification even own the study book. I'll probably never get around to it, but it still peaks my interest.
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    N2IT wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up. I have an interest in this certification even own the study book. I'll probably never get around to it, but it still peaks my interest.

you should definitely go for it.. 2-4 weeks of focused practice will do
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    UnixGuy wrote: »
    you should definitely go for it.. 2-4 weeks of focused practice will do

Thanks for the support I really do appreciate that.

You are a good guy!