Options

CCENT Certified!

djfunzdjfunz Member Posts: 307
Well, it's official. After six months of fairly diligent studying, I've finally acquired my first Cisco certification! I had my test at 10:30 this morning and was pretty confident going in, but there's always that nervousness that sets in right before one hits the begin button.

I finished in 82 minutes with a final score of 937 and overall, thought the questions were fair.

My primary study resources were Wendell Odom's ICND1 book along with Jeremy Cioara's CBT Nuggets and subnettingquestions.com
Secondary study materials were Chris Bryant's videos and Todd Lammel's CCNA book.

This forum has provided a constant source of motivation and guidance as well and for that I'm thankful.

Thank you all for everything up to this point. Time to move on to ICND2 material for that CCNA certification. :)
WGU Progress - B.S. IT - Completed

Comments

• Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    djfunz wrote: »
    Well, it's official. After six months of fairly diligent studying, I've finally acquired my first Cisco certification! I had my test at 10:30 this morning and was pretty confident going in, but there's always that nervousness that sets in right before one hits the begin button.

I finished in 82 minutes with a final score of 937 and overall, thought the questions were fair.

My primary study resources were Wendell Odom's ICND1 book along with Jeremy Cioara's CBT Nuggets and subnettingquestions.com
    Secondary study materials were Chris Bryant's videos and Todd Lammel's CCNA book.

This forum has provided a constant source of motivation and guidance as well and for that I'm thankful.

Thank you all for everything up to this point. Time to move on to ICND2 material for that CCNA certification. :)

Awesome job! Exciting times
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    That's what's going on. Congratulations!
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    thall860thall860 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, Good luck with the ICND2!
    Had all of my WGU courses but too much to keep up on. I am working at it, will let you know when finished.
  • Options
    Joseph HarlessJoseph Harless Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations.
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    good job!!!
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    JamesFigueroaJamesFigueroa Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    How long did you study for it?
  • Options
    SubnetZeroSubnetZero Member Posts: 124
    Congrats mate!

While no trees were harmed in the transmission of this message, several electrons were severely inconvenienced
    :cool:
  • Options
    SubnetZeroSubnetZero Member Posts: 124
    How long did you study for it?

Um...

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by djfunz viewpost-right.png
    Well, it's official. After six months of fairly diligent studying, I've finally acquired my first Cisco certification!

:)

While no trees were harmed in the transmission of this message, several electrons were severely inconvenienced
    :cool:
  • Options
    JamesFigueroaJamesFigueroa Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    SubnetZero wrote: »
    Um...

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by djfunz viewpost-right.png
    Well, it's official. After six months of fairly diligent studying, I've finally acquired my first Cisco certification!

:)

lol...my bad, i didnt see that.

Did you have an issue with over thinking the questions or were they pretty straight forward?
  • Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    From what I've heard taking a Cisco test isn't anything like a Microsoft exam. Microsoft are always trying to trick you.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    CompTIA was like that. "Answer the way the test wants you to answer". It may have changed since those days.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

• Options
    kast1kast1 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing CCENT. Good luck on your studies for ICND2.
  • Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Roguetadhg wrote: »
    CompTIA was like that. "Answer the way the test wants you to answer". It may have changed since those days.
    I hated CompTIA tests... some the questions I couldn't even figure out what they were asking, so I just guessed.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    BainBain Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! However, why did it take you six months to study for ICND1?
    ICND1 shouldn't take more than 3 months of studying at 2-3 hours per day.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Bain wrote: »

I don't think there is any set time frame. Everyone learns at a different pace.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    Thank you so much everyone.

lol...my bad, i didnt see that.

Did you have an issue with over thinking the questions or were they pretty straight forward?

Honestly, I thought through a lot of the questions because I wanted to get them right. A few were worded a bit on the confusing side, but overall I thought most everything was fairly straightforward and understandable.

Bain wrote: »

Well, I'll reiterate the words "fairly diligently" because I can't say I studied every day for 2-3 hours. There were strings of 2-3 day spans where I didn't study at all. I just needed a break. I have a girlfriend and I go to the gym. I have hobbies and other interests as well.

I should also mention that I studied all the Network + material prior to delving into the CCENT material. That was included in the 6 month time span. Realistically, I could have probably taken it a month earlier, but apprehension got the better of me as usual. The better safe then sorry principle I suppose. :)
  • Options
    Aman_sainiAman_saini Member Posts: 62 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Since you studied for N+, are you going to go get the certification with N+?

• Options
    At this point, I think the money would be better served going towards the ICND2. I was considering attending WGU at some point as well sometime late 2012 early 2013 and then I would probably take it on their dime.
  • Options
    goalied00dgoalied00d Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    jude56gjude56g Member Posts: 107 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good job dude! Keep the momentum going for ICND2
  • Options
    kevin31kevin31 Member Posts: 154
    djfunz wrote: »

Well done indeed! When is icnd2?

K
    LAB - 4 X 2651XM's 1 X 2620 3 X 2950 1 X 2509 AS 1 X 3550
  • Options
    ChadaeChadae Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. It feels good to get the first exam behind me.
    kevin31 wrote: »
    Well done indeed! When is icnd2?

K

My goal is to apply for a NOC position and get some hands on experience with some networking along with monitoring and sniffing tools. During this practical experience I'll study for the ICND2. I'm guessing another six month study period would be an adequate time frame.
  • Options
    Booster42Booster42 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on CCENT! I'm hoping to take ICND1 at the end of March. I'm using CBT Nuggets, Transcender practice tests, and the CCENT ExamPrep book by Cioara, Minutella, and Stevenson.