Finding out Lab dates?

nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

Just out of curiosity im just wondering what kind of lab dates are usually available when you go for the R&S Lab? I checked ciscos website and i had to login with a code given once you pass the written. Im just trying to get an idea of milestones in my head if i make the leap and go for it.
Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
WIP: Msc advanced networking

Comments

• reaper81reaper81 Member Posts: 631
    I'm not sure how easy it is to get a date. I booked mine 4 or 5 months in advance and there were plenty of dates to choose from.
    Daniel Dib
    CCIE #37149
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    reaper81 wrote: »
    I'm not sure how easy it is to get a date. I booked mine 4 or 5 months in advance and there were plenty of dates to choose from.

Ah ok i see. i just wasnt sure if they were frequent or set at quarterly dates or something. Thanks for the info though! will help me try and make milestones!

• Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    There is a limit to how many dates they make available at once. A few weeks ago, I was looking at the dates they had available mid October, only to find that all options stopped at October 1st. Whether or not that actually is all the dates they have available for the year, I don't know, but there's still a good 7/8 months of availability to choose from.

Edit: As a note, I was checking RTP, as it's closer to me than San Jose
  • SettSett Member Posts: 187
    Looks like it's not a problem to get a seat, well at least in Brussels. I was checking the dates there recently and there were plenty of free seats
    Non-native English speaker
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    There is a limit to how many dates they make available at once. A few weeks ago, I was looking at the dates they had available mid October, only to find that all options stopped at October 1st. Whether or not that actually is all the dates they have available for the year, I don't know, but there's still a good 7/8 months of availability to choose from.

Edit: As a note, I was checking RTP, as it's closer to me than San Jose

I was checking RTP and noticed this same thing. I wonder if you can only look ahead 8 months.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yeah brussels would be my closest option unless theres some mobile labs kicking about in London sometime. Its good to see there are quite a few opportunities to sit the lab though!

• Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    jamesp1983 wrote: »
    I was checking RTP and noticed this same thing. I wonder if you can only look ahead 8 months.

I think so. I could only find something for October. Was trying to schedule for February, so I guess I'll have to wait a few more months to schedule.
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    nel wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Just out of curiosity im just wondering what kind of lab dates are usually available when you go for the R&S Lab? I checked ciscos website and i had to login with a code given once you pass the written. Im just trying to get an idea of milestones in my head if i make the leap and go for it.

There's always a slot somewhere when you are ready. Honestly I wouldn't even bother thinking about it until you have at least 500+ lab study hours in, which for most people is hard to amass due to unsocial hours to accumulate. Cisco love to take money from candidates that a'int ready and they do. After a period they have your money and you cant claw it back.